Chapter 18: Savvy

After the incredible orgasm that Nate had given me I felt overly exhausted. My body was so relaxed, so sated that all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and go to sleep. He let me. Nate gave me one of his T-shirts, wrapped me in his arms in the bed and we passed out to the sound of party-goers around the house.

I woke up before him the next morning and the overwhelming happiness I felt when he was passed out next to me, scared me a bit. I didn't want to become one of those girls who fell for the first guy she had a sexual experience with. It's not like I had never done anything before, I just never had an orgasm with anyone before and after experiencing that with him, I'm pretty sure that the guys I had been with in the past knew that I was faking it. If I could have seen myself I would know that the expressions were no where near what I had naturally done with Nate.

I had stared at the god like man who gave me my first orgasm for what felt like forever. Just taking everything in. When he flipped over onto his stomach with a small moan, it startled me out of my dream like state and I gaped in awe at the tattoo that was spread across the top of his shoulders.

Be free. Be you. Was plastered in between his shoulder blades in the most gorgeous hand writing I've ever seen while wings spanned out across the tops of his shoulders, almost as if he were an angel. I felt myself drooling and when he moved again I decided it was time to book it out of there.

No way could he see me totally mesmerized by his gorgeous physique. Yes he knew I was attracted to him, I practically told him that but now things were different. He had given me an orgasm and we needed to remain friends. I couldn't let him know that I got a swirling feeling in my tummy when I saw him. Or that heat shot straight to my core when he smiles. Or that I get chills just by being in reach of him.

What the fuck!
Lock it down Savvy! Now!

Nate had texted me a few hours later, basically yelling at me for not waking him up to take me home. I blamed it on having to study for finals but now it's been a little over a week since we've hung out alone and I can't put it off anymore.

The other day, Letty, Brooks, Nate and I were all hanging out and we had gotten into an argument about decorating for the holidays. After my long rant, Brooks finally caved and now we have plans to get a tree and decorations today for his apartment. I'm super excited if not a bit nervous.

I'm just putting on my scarf when I hear the knock at the door.

"They're here!" Letty yells from the living room.

"I'm coming!" I wrap my scarf, throw on my hat and make my way down the hall way, stopping in the kitchen to stuff a few Reese's cups in my purse. I see the guys standing in the doorway from the peekaboo window in the kitchen and I can't help the gigantic smile that comes across my face the minute my eyes land on Nate. God, he's hot.

Faded blue jeans, black timberland boots, a black thermal shirt with a black fuzzy north face halfway zipped and a black beanie. I have to wipe the corners of my mouth to make sure I'm not drooling.

When I finally emerge I throw on my winter boots and my big puffy jacket, tucking my gloves into my pockets.

"Why are you dressed like we're going into the woods for a week straight?" Brooks looks at me with wide eyes. I'm pretty sure he's a little scared. Letty and I look at each other and laugh. When we had first met and I made my point about holidays being special to me, we decided that if we were going to decorate and celebrate then we were going to go all out. So for the past few years for Christmas we go to a little village just outside of Hartford where it looks like a winter wonderland and this year we decided to take the boys.

"Um, one because they said it was going to snow later and two because we are going into the forest brooksy boy."

He chokes on air, "I'm sorry, what?" I laugh at him before ushering everyone out of the door and locking up.

"Look, this isn't New York-"

"Funny, considering we've all lived there at one point. It's like we're the New York crew or something. Who woulda-"

"Hush it, Nathaniel!" I scold him for cutting me off and he throws up his hands in defense on a smirk which only makes me smile.

Shaking my head I continue, "We're not in New York. We don't have to go to the guy down the street to grab a tree off the side of the road. We're going to a winter wonderland and you guys are going to love it!"

"Winter wonderland?" I hear Brooks whisper in question to Letty who only laughs in response.

"I guess it's a good thing we took my truck then," Nate says as we exit the building and pile into his black Ford.

An hour and a half later we arrive. My face lights up as we exit the car and I fly around grabbing Letty's arm so we can march up the sidewalk in sync. The little village of New Hope is gorgeous all around but especially during winter time. The cobblestone streets are blocked off for pedestrians to roam freely to all of the shops and street vendors. Everything is covered in snowflakes and garland. Christmas decorations and lights. It's like you've stepped into a hallmark movie or a snow globe.

I take in a deep breath of fresh air, letting the bitter cold air cost my lungs, before looking back at the boys. I almost laugh when I see both Nate and Brooks rubbing their hands together before breathing into them to warm them up. Amateurs. I turn to look at Letty, "I guess hot cocoa is the first stop today." She laughs, "Yeah. Looks like the big boys didn't wanna listen when they were told to dress warm."

"Hey! I am dressed warm!" Nate says as he pulls his hat down lower, causing his waves to push out of his hat. I laugh, walking over to help him situate his uncontrollable hair.

When he puts his hands on my waist my breath hitches, "Thank you," he says smiling down at me while I fix his hat. "Of course. Can't have you scaring the kids away before they see Santa." He clicks his tongue at me and I turn away laughing.

"Come on, let's get you boys some hot chocolate."

After we're all clutching the warmth of a hot cocoa, I wrap my arm through Nate's and guide him toward one of my favorite shops with Letty and Brooks trailing behind. We're just out of ear shot of them when Nate asks, "Are we okay?" I look over at him to see that his stare is straight ahead, focused on the little carousel in the middle of the village.

"Why wouldn't we be?" I take a sip of my hot cocoa.

"You've barely texted me back since...that night and you left without waking me up. I just...I want to make sure that I didn't do anything and that we're still okay. Did I mess up our friendship?" I turn again to see him watching me now. His eyes are timid, almost like he's going to break down if I tell him the wrong answer.

"Nate, we're fine. I promise. I've just been busy getting ready for finals. Besides, I'm the one who told you to do it. You did nothing wrong. We did nothing wrong. You didn't mess anything up, I'm still here. We're still friends. And plus, I haven't fulfilled my end of the bargain yet."

He laughs, hip bumping me a little before throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me in. "Good. But just so you know, I haven't finished my end either." The smirk he gives me could make me melt right here but I fight it off. "What do you mean? Yes you have," I look behind me to see Letty and Brooks lost in their conversation together, "you gave me an earth shattering orgasm, Nate. I'm pretty sure that fulfills your half of the pact."

That roguish grin makes its appearance and Nate shakes his head. "Not even close, princess. If you thought that was earth shattering you're in for an awakening when I get my tongue on you." I gasp which only makes him laugh harder. My eyes are wide in shock but also with excitement.

Oh boy do I want to know what it feels like to have Nate's tongue on me, in me and all around me. "Come on you two, catch up!" He yells over his shoulder at our best friends as he nods to one of the shops, "This one?" I nod in agreement as we make our way inside but the whole time my mind is racing with thoughts and images of what else Nate could do to me to give me an orgasm for the books.