Chapter 21: Savvy

Time stood still and everything else stopped existing as I watched my roommate run into the house. I braced my arms on the counter, trying my hardest and wishing that I looked as natural as I could. I hadn't registered that Nate had completely froze as well until I felt him shift underneath me. I glanced down quickly, my eyes as wide as saucers but the smug bastard just smirked at me.

"Hey!" Letty said, out of breath as she ran around the living room.

"Hey, I thought you had work tonight?" I begged my voice to sound as normal as possible and not the shaking, squeaky mess I imagined it would be.

"I do! I'm going to be so late! I wanted to drop off my books from class so I didn't have to lug them on the bus and then I remembered that I forgot my key and I don't want to wake you up at two in the morning to open the door."

I nodded, smiling at her when she glanced up at me. "Oh my god, you ordered all this food? Do you have company coming over?"

"Um... I think," I squeaked before continuing when I felt Nate's mouth clamp around my clit, sucking it deeply in his mouth. Letty raised her eyebrows at me and I cleared my throat, trying to seem as relaxed as possible. "I think I might hang out with Nate later. I was just super hungry and wanted everything. You know how it is."

Letty laughed, continuing her search for her keys. My eyes rolled back and my breathing began to quicken as Nate increased his sucking and added two fingers. I leaned down further, putting my hand below the cabinet and gripping his hair in an attempt to make him stop but with my arousal almost at it's peak I think I merely held him there wishing he would never stop.

I glanced back up when Letty yelled in excitement, "Yes! I found them!" I swallowed thickly, trying my best to hide the movements of my hips along with the fast paced thrusts of Nate's thick fingers. God, what is he doing to me!

"Yay! So you're off to work now, babe?" The last words came out strained and she looked over at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"Sav, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just excited about all this food and don't know where to dive in first." At the word dive, Nate pushed his fingers inside me as far as they could go and I felt my legs begin to shake.

"Alright. It all looks delicious. Mind if I steal a slice to go?" My eyes widened a little bit before I forced them back to normal when my best friend began to make her way to the counter. Holy shit! All she has to do is lean over the peekaboo window and see what's happening below. My heart raced as Letty grabbed a slice and lingered at the counter for a few seconds before kissing me on the cheek and shutting the door behind her as she left.

"Holy fucking shit!" I screamed out as my eyes rolled back and my orgasm hit me. Nate's firm hands held me up as I crumbled. He slowly worked me down from my climax before positioning out from under me and standing at my side. I glanced over at him as my forehead hit the counter.

"I don't know whether to hit you or kiss you. I hate you, you know that?"

He smiled his shit eating grin, "No you don't. I just gave you the best orgasm ever and holy fuck did it taste delicious." He leaned over and kissed the corner of my mouth. Butterflies swarming my stomach in an instant. Fuck, what I wouldn't do for his lips to be on mine right now.

"That was..."

"Amazing. Crazy. Insatiable. The best I've ever had, Nate, thank you. You are a god at what you do and I don't need any other man to give me an orgasm." He laughed but I was focused on the last part of that sentence. I don't need any other man to give me an orgasm. Was he saying that he wanted to be with me? That I didn't need to be with anyone else because I should be with him?

"You think very highly of yourself now don't you." I smiled, rising from the counter and putting my underwear back on.

"Eh. I just think I know a thing or two," he shrugged, "and by the sounds you make when you come and the fucking gorgeous faces you make, I'm pretty sure I'm right."

I felt my cheeks flush at his remark and I looked over to see him smiling. I shoved at his arm, "Come on, let's go watch some Netflix and finish all this food. I think it's cold now." We laughed as we grabbed our plates and got comfortable on the couch.

My legs were resting across his when I finally got the courage an hour later to ask, "So, how do you want to start your part of the pact?"

Nate looked over at me, clearly shocked that I had brought it up. He shrugged uncommittedly, "Whatever. I don't know. How do you think I should go about it?"

"I don't know. I mean, us hanging out has been kind of like date's so I know you have no problem talking to girls."

He chuckled, shaking his head, "Princess, if you think us hanging out is like a date then I think I need to track down all of the guys you have ever gone on a date with an show them a thing or two. If we were on a date, it would be so much more."

I smirked at him, biting the corner of my lip, "Oh yeah? Do tell."

"How about I show you?"

"What?" My voice squeaked in shock. I had no idea if he meant we should go on a real date or if this was just for him to show me how he would act on a real date.

"Yeah. Let me take you out. We can pretend it's a date and I'll let you get the feel of what I would do and how I would act so that...you know...you could help me out, maybe...like...I don't know, tell me how to change my behavior. Change what I talk about or tell me what I'm doing wrong." He shrugged as I just sat there staring at him in disbelief. "I told you, Sav, it's not like I need a girl friend right now, I just never had a friend who was a girl-"

"And you haven't had a girlfriend in a long time, Nate and I don't understand why." I cut him off. He watched me carefully. His eyes dancing between mine. With a deep sigh, he closed his eyes, "There's still a lot we haven't talked about, Savvy and that's part of the reason why."

"Okay, so talk, Nate."

"You first." He gave me a hard stare.

"What do you mean?" I felt completely lost. I didn't understand what he was talking about. Or at least I didn't want to admit that I knew what he was talking about.

"You want me to open up but that means you have to open up too! Tell me about your mom. Why does she send those things to you?" My mouth fell open at his question and my heart beat so fast it felt like it was trying to escape, grab it's bags and hop the first bus out of town to avoid this conversation.

It fell silent for a few minutes as we just stared at each other. I finally shook my head, "Can we not do this tonight. Please." Nate watched me, long and hard, for what felt like eternity before letting out a sigh and nodding his head in defeat. "Alright. Not tonight. But we will talk about it all, Savvy. You want me to open up, then you need to open up too." I nodded, before turning my head back to the tv. The atmosphere in the room had changed and I wanted nothing more then to pretend I was tired and go hole up in my room but like he could read my mind Nate grabbed a hold of my legs and pulled me closer to him, tapping me under his arms. I glanced over at him, his face glued to the television but he couldn't hide his grin. Not for the life of him.

I let out a sigh before turning back to the T.V. my mind raced with what I would tell him and how his reaction would be. I didn't need pity and I certainly didn't want my circumstances to change the way he looked at me or the friendship I had become so fond of. But I needed to suck up my pride and swallow down my courage because if I wanted to get to know Nate better, I needed to be brave enough to open up to. The question that ran a muck in my brain though was, once we knew each other's secrets and pasts, would we still want to be friends?