Chapter 26: Nate

For days I've been harassing Brooks to fess up to Letty and when he finally admitted to having a plan to tell her after tonight-after the auction- I willed myself to calm down. At least for a little bit. But it doesn't help my anxiety to think of the after math effects.

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before sauntering off to the guest bathroom. I'm getting ready at Brooks' because it's easier than having to deal with all the fuckheads at the fraternity. Also, I like the quiet.

We've been on a winning streak and my skills have been shining through on the ice. My teammates are amazing-most of them, anyway- and we've been kicking some major ass against some of the top ranking teams on the roster this season. Brooks has been doing great as captain but I'm pretty sure everyone on the team sees me as the unofficial co captain which I don't mind. It's all had my emotions on overdrive, I've been feeling revved up even after the holidays.

I didn't get to see my dad, his business meetings conflicted with the flight schedules but I think it was also because his boyfriend wanted to stay in London so his son could be with their family. I won't lie and say it didn't bother me but mom and I still had a pretty good Christmas. She's been thinking about opening up her own studio and has finally saved up enough to do it. She's one of the main reasons I want to go pro. I want to help give her a better life. One where she can relax and not stress over the little things.

I let the hot shower wash away my thoughts, my stresses, my tense muscles and when I get out I feel like a new me. Revived, relaxed and then it hits me. I'm going to be seeing Savvy dressed up to the nines in a few hours and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Excited as shit.

Princess: We're almost done. I hope you're ready for this shit ;)

Me: I'm ready. Send me a picture of what you look like so I can prepare myself. I need to make sure I don't have a heart attack before the auction begins.

Princess: Such a smooth talker...

Princess: *Image sent*

I roll my eyes and let out a laugh as I look down at the photo Savvy sent me. The little witch sent me a photo of her painted toenails. They're pristine, a French manicure that tells me absolutely nothing about what color or type of dress she's wearing.

Me: You're evil you know that? Little witch.

Princess: *smiley face emoji* Be patient. I promise it's worth the wait.

Me: You're right....it is.

My heart does something close to a flutter as I watch the little bubbles appear and disappear.

"Yo, man, you ready?" I look up to see Brooks standing in the doorway, fluffing his hair, trying his best to get it to cooperate. I had to throw some gel in mine, otherwise it would have looked like a lions mane so I reach over, grab the bottle and toss it to him.

"Here, this will help." He looks down at it before smiling at me and nodding his thanks. Before we know it the doorbell is ringing and Brooks and I are standing, frozen in place, shock and awe plastered on our faces. Letty laughs at something Savvy said as she stands in front of Brook wearing a stunning red, flor length gown but my eyes are focused, entranced with Savannah's presence. I can't take my eyes off of her. I'm bewitched and as she makes her way over to me I notice that she has a huge slit in the side of her dress and my mouth begins to water at the view of her silky legs.

The moment she's standing in front of me I can't help but lean down, barely missing her lips and plant a kiss on her. It's like a need. To feel her skin against my lips. To hear her small gasps and tiny whimpers. It's an addiction almost. But a welcomed one because I honestly don't think there's anything better than Savannah George.

"Well, hello to you too," she says as she looks up at me, her caramel eyes glistening in the light. God she's gorgeous. Not just tonight, although this is something unbelievable, but her beauty is something more than just what anyone sees. It's the little things she says, the tiny twitches she makes, the secrets she holds and the way that although she shows the world one version of herself, I'm part of the lucky few that get to see her whole picture. Her whole self and I fucking love it.

"You...look...absolutely...stunning. You're gorgeous, princess. Fucking gorgeous," My voice is barely above a whisper, not because I don't want anyone to hear but because I'm utterly speechless at how amazing she looks. My heart is punching against my ribs, trying to get to her. To be with her.

Her slight blush makes me break out into a huge smile and I throw my arms around her, dragging her into me, needing the contact. I whisper in her ear, making sure her and I are riding together to the auction. Once we all agree we set out. I help Sav, into the car, walk around to my side and settle in, cranking the heat because winter in Connecticut is no joke.

My heart's racing, my nerves are shot and it's all because I'm fighting everything in me to reach over the console, grab the back of Savvy's neck and take her lips with mine. That kiss has been on my mind, all day, every day but having her so close to me right now. Watching her drag her teeth between her lips, looking so damn remarkable, I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out for. I take a chance and glance over at her, it's a huge mistake because she's already looking at me and I can't help my act like a nervous fuck and jerk back to looking out the windshield. Focus on driving. Focus on driving.

She lets out a small laugh, "What? What is going on in that head of yours?" I look back over and let out a laugh. Shrugging I respond, "You just look so fucking good. It's making me...I don't know...I just really...I really want..."

"Want what?" I let out a sigh, looking back and forth between her and the road. God, how do I say this? Fuck! I don't want her to think I'm a fucking creep but we promised each other no lies. I swallow down the thick lump in my throat. "You're sitting there....all gorgeous and fucking desirable as hell, and then you have the fucking goddamn slit that's showing off your legs and fuuucckkk," I swallow again, "I just really want to kiss you, okay?" I let the words hang in the air while I try to keep my eyes on the road but Savvy is quiet for too long that I have to look over. She's smiling at me. Fucking smiling. And I have no idea what to do. I keep looking back and forth between her and the road, trying to gage her reaction, until finally I can't take it anymore. "What? Did I just mess this whole friend thing up? Shit. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you un-"

"Then kiss me then," she cuts me off and my eyebrows disappear into my hair. I clear my throat, "I'm sorry. Can you repeat that?"

Her smile takes up her entire face and I let my foot ease up off the gas. I need to be sure I heard her right and I absolutely don't want to have a heart attack while I'm driving at this speed. "You heard me. If you want to kiss me, then kiss me Natey boy."