Chapter 41: Nate

"Mmm. Best. Birthday. Ever." I mumble after being waken up with Savvy's mouth on my cock. She sits up abruptly, my dick leaving her mouth on a pop. Her wide eyes find my hooded ones and I pout at the loss of her warmth on me.

"Today's your birthday?" she gasps and I laugh nodding at her and pulling her closer to me so that her naked chest is on mine.

"It's groundhog day!" I laugh at this, "Okay?"

"It's a holiday! You know how I feel about holidays!" I laugh more, placing my lips on her and tenderly kissing her. She bites down on my lip and I growl, tightening my grip around her waist and positioning her on top of me. Her fingers traces over my collarbone and I fight against the shiver that wants to break through.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I shrug, "I don't know. It just kinda slipped my mind with everything going on. It's why we're having dinner with my dad tonight. He wanted to see me for my birthday especially after the accident and everything."

She nods thinking it over and then the biggest smile crosses her face. "Hey," she pokes he in the chest, "did you know that we're both February babies? And our birthdays both fall on holidays?" I quirk and eyebrow at her and she looks down, placing a small kiss on my neck. "My birthday is Valentine's Day," she shrugs and my eyes widen a tiny bit in shock before I relax.

I've never had a girlfriend for Valentine's day. Never had any girl around for Valentine's day. But now my girlfriends day fall on the hallmark holiday and damn if that doesn't make my pulse kick up. I have to make sure that I do something ridiculously special but I guess Savvy can read my mind because she says, "You do not have to do anything special for my birthday. Just because it's also Valentine's day doesn't mean anything. I never really had a Valentine so we only just ever celebrated my birthday," she shrugs as if it's no big deal but it's making me even more motivated to make her birthday and Valentine's day something incredibly special from here on out.

Savannah needs to know how important she is. How much she means to not only me but the people she has in her life, regardless of what the voice in her head says. Her mother put her down for so long and now that I have her I refuse to let that voice be heard. I only want her to hear my voice in her head, telling her how perfect she is. How wonderful and special. How she's everything anyone could ever want and how I want her more than life itself. I push a piece of hair behind her ear before kissing her once more.

"Oh, baby. Don't you know what you mean to me? You're going to get something special for your birthday and Valentine's day. Trust me." I smile up at her shocked face before kissing her again and throwing her on her back so I'm on top of her. Her fingers trace over my tattoo and I can feel goosebumps lace across my skin where he fingers have been.

"I love you," she says and I realize that I'll never get tired of hearing it.

After a few more rounds of sex it's time for us to get ready to go see my dad. Letty never came home last night, probably because she was with my best friend. After Savvy's dressed we brave Brooks' house in an attempt for me to get ready. We're stealthy enough to make our way into the house unseen but the minute we leave my room, fingers laced together and flushed cheeks from my unrelenting fingers inside of Savvy, we both jump at the sound of a throat clearing.

When I look up I see Brooks and Letty standing in the hallway, arms crossed and amused looks plastered across their face. I laugh, "Welp, I guess the cat's out of the bag." Savvy punches me in the arm and I laugh rubbing the spot.

"So are you two finally together?" Letty asks her best friend and I smile as Savvy blushes and nods.

"Well it's about damn time. I was getting tired of this just friends shit." Letty says as I bust out laughing pulling Savannah into me. My fingers play with her hair as I place a kiss on the top of her head. Brooks walks over and claps me on the shoulder. "Thank God because I was about to kick your ass if you didn't step up your fucking game and do something." I push at his chest shaking my head. Dick. He has the nerve to talk.