Part 55- London

"Oh my god it's so busy" I half yell to Jordan over the buzz of Oxford street. He's holding my hand, guiding me through the throngs of people. I've already bought myself clothes in most high street shops, I got a jumper and jeans in H&M, underwear, makeup and face-masks in Primark. "I think it's time for some lunch!" He says shifting the his own bags around in his hands. I had to stand for ages waiting for him to decide between the Nike or Adidas trainers, eventually he went with the black Nikes.
"Where will we go?" He wonders looking along all the restaurants and café's, I have an idea I hope he wants to go along with.
"I'd love a picnic in one of the parks" I say looking up at him hopefully. He grins down, "sounds good yeah"
"Do you think we'd have time to drop the bags back to the hotel?" I ask earnestly, my hands are starting to ache.
"How about I run back and you go to M&S and get the food?" He offers,
"Perfect" I say contently and peck him on the lips. Just as he walks away into the crowd I remember that I need my sunglasses, we were blessed with the weather and I know everyone back home will be buzzing to have their party in the sun, I'm slightly sad I'm missing this but I couldn't have skipped out on this trip for the world, it's been the best fun so far and I feel like such a grown up. A part of me wishes this really could be my life, hopefully someday it will be.
I scan the shelves for some fun picnic food realising I'll have to buy some sort of bag to hold it all in.
I pick up a chicken wrap for Jordan and a spicy fajita chicken one for myself with peppers. Then I pick up some pasta and salads, of course a packet of sensations crisps, a small birthday cake because I can't stop watching tiktoks of people eating cake in the park! And two bottles of coke.

I have to pull out my phone again to look for the nearest park, I don't want to look like a tourist but I know if I try and find it myself I'd probably end up somewhere near Liverpool, I make my way towards Soho street gardens and tell Jordan where I am.
Settling down on the grass, I turn my head around me. Most of the people look like college students out socialising, they all manage to look so cool and trendy lying out in summer dresses and shorts with their notebooks on one side of them. I'd love to be one of them..I don't know what I want to do after school yet and it's starting to worry me, everyone around me seems to have some sort of plan, Haley is going to do Year 12, so is Missy if all goes to plan, Nas will probably end up being the most famous medical scientist, Lara is going to do beauty therapy, Chloe will probably go study politics or something..
"Hey can I get your number or something?" I jump up out of my thoughts,
"Oh no sorr- FUCK OFF!" I bury my head in the grass, it was only Jordan putting on some fake southern accent. He throws his head back spluttering at my red face.
"Nobody would ask for your number have you seen the state of yourself"
"JORDAN!" I say kicking him lightly with my foot,
"All jokes" he says waving my sunglasses above my head, with me trying to snatch them.
"So come on then what's for lunch I'm starving.."
I pull myself up off my stomach and grab the tote bag I left resting against the tree,
"Shit we don't have a blanket to sit on" I say suddenly remembering that I was meant to get one.
"Look" he takes off his T-shirt and lays it on the ground,
"Ooooh strip, strip strip!" I chant loudly enough for him to tickle me neck and I snort loudly.
"Pack it up Daddy pig" he says laying back down.
"So what we got here then?" he pulls out the cake and looks at me questionably,
"It's chocolate" I state happily.

We sit in a happy silence eating our food watching the people go by.
"Do you know what you want to do after school?" I question him.
"Random question" he says taking a swig of coke,
"Not really..we're doing our GCSEs in a few weeks Jordan"
He gives me a look that's dirty enough to tell me he didn't want to talk about school.
"Fine..fine never mind" I say laying down on my back.

"What are you going to do?" He asks me after a few minutes.
"After school?"
"Mmm" he mumbles blocking the sun from his eyes,
"Well I dunno...I've been trying to decide I guess...that's why I asked you" I say rolling over on my side to face him.
"Are you gonna do sixth form then?"
"..I don't know?" I say exasperated.
"You should..your smart" he says,
"So are you.."
He scoffs
"Seriously Jordan you are...what about some of your art work?"
"What?"
"Well I mean..your good at it, drawing..why not look into some college courses?" I say holding his hand and moving it around playfully,
He laughs lightly, "well...you know there is this college I was looking into.."
I sit up to attention, "yeah?"
"It'll probably never happen or ought but I-
"Don't say that..why would you say that?"
"I need to get a B in maths and English" he says downheartedly,
"I'll help you" I say quickly jumping up,
"Ali even at that there's no guarantee I'll get in..you need a portfolio all this other shit..and it's like 2 hours away from Ackley"
My face falls at this, "Well..you'll work out it out..why don't you talk to Mr Bell.."
"Yeah..maybe I will"
We both know what a college being two hours away means, we both know that this whole conversation has been an unspoken truth between us for a while..
"Well for now let us eat cake!" I say brightly pulling the plastic container off the top,
He grins at me, "you've been watching those tiktoks again"
"Perhaps..." I say sneakily already whipping out my phone to actually make a tiktok.
I've been documenting our trip ever since I got here yesterday, my Instagram is filled with snaps of London and pictures of Jordan and pictures of me..
"You know if anyone ever wanted to try and kidnap us they wouldn't have a hard job finding where we are" he says sticking his finger in the cake because believe it or not I forgot to get knives and forks aswell!

"Cake is very appropriate for today" he says,
"Yep! Celebrating hmmm what exactly are we celebrating?..our reunion? Our trip? Our future?" I say babbling on,
"A birthday" he interrupts me,
"What?" I ask squinting my eyes in confusion,
"It's my birthday today" he says nonchalantly,
"WHAT?" I say freaking out.
He looks at me in terror, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"
He smirks and shrugs,
"Jordan?! What the hell...I could have got you a present..I could have wished you happy birthday! I- I-
He shuts me up with a kiss, tipping my chin up lightly with his index finger,
"I didn't tell you because this is the best birthday I've had in a long time..I don't need anything else"
I smile showing every pearly tooth in my head,
"I love you so much" I breathe out in a whisper,
He kisses me again, this time more passionately and I wrap my arms around his bare shoulders,
"We'll just have to make up for lost birthday minutes the rest of the day" I say pulling away and giggling excitedly,
He rolls his eyes smiling at me and takes another big bite of cake.

Hey! Sorry this took longer than I thought to write but I hope you like it! Definitely some happy chapters to make up for all the sad ones! I'll probably do another London chapter if you want to see something like that? Let me know..also the future is fast approaching what's going to happen???
Thanks for the support guys love you all!!