Part 13

I go up to the familiar door, last time I was here things were very very different. I hope Jordan is home already I didn't really give him much time.
Knock knock
I hear a shuffling behind the door and I pray it's not Mr. Wilson. A head pops out from behind the door not letting up fully open. It's Cory. "Oh hello you" unbelievable this guy could flirt the back legs off a donkey. "Is Jordan home yet?"
"Oh no not yet" Fuck, why didn't I think to wait a few minutes. Still what's taking him so long, he has his bike I walked here and managed to make it quicker.
"You can come in and wait if you like" I suppose I don't have much choice but I don't want to see Jordan's dad either. As if he could read my mind, Cory speaks up "dads upstairs asleep". I walk in and I'm hit with the foul smell of alcohol and takeaway that's been left for days. I try not to react, I don't want to embarrass Cory. "Sorry it's filthy, dad well, you know" I did know. I go in and sit on the sofa, I don't sleep on it this time I'm wide awake. "Do you want a drink" I am severely thirsty after practically running here from school "Um I'll have a glass of water if you don't mind". I look around the sitting room, it wasn't spotless last time I was here but it's 100x times worse now. There's a stench and empty brown paper takeaway bags on the table, the floor is grubby too so that my shoes almost look clean against it. Cory comes back with my tall glass of water and I take my bag off and put it on the ground beside me. All the time I'm hurrying Jordan on in my head. "I would have cleaned up if I knew you were coming I-"
"Cory it's fine don't worry about it" I'm sure the last thing on his mind is cleaning with everything that's going on but it's sweet how concerned he is about it, it makes me have pity on him. Who would have thought eh? Pitying Cory Wilson.
"So Jordan's told you then?"
"About wolton?"
Cory looks about as sad as I do. "Why aren't they taking you with him?" I ask.
"Dad would never hurt me, Jordan and him well...they've always had their problems"
"That's not an excuse" I butt in.
He just looks up at me "I know.." the room goes silent once again and I sip some water.
"You must think dads some horrible monster"
"Well..isn't he?"
"No" "Has Jordan ever told you about our Mum?"
"Your mum?" I never thought to ask about Jordan's mum I assumed she had died when he was little. "She walked out on us when we were kids"
"I- I'm so sorry Cory I didn't know that"
"I think it might have hit Jordan harder than me, he was younger but he was always much more like her" Cory isn't even paying attention to me anymore he's rambling and I let him. Something tells me he hasn't been listened to in a long time. "Dad took great care of us, he worked so hard to keep a roof over our head and keep us on the straight and narrow but.."
"It just kept getting harder and harder, he lost his job, Jordan started acting up constantly, we had nothing and then he- well he started in on the drink"
"But Alison yeah...I know what he did to Jordan was so wrong, I know that but just so you know that he wasn't always like this, he- he regrets it"
"He hasn't got out of bed in days and when he has it's to drink" "I don't know what to do". Cory breaks down in tears. "I- I- I'm sorry" he sobs. I put down my water and go over to him. I lightly rub his back until he stops. "Sorry you don't need to hear this- I'm sure you think we're right nutters after all this"
"If only you knew where I came from" I say laughing.
I hear the door being opened and Cory gets up to leave, "please don't tell Jordan what I told you"
"I won't" i say and give him a weak smile. With that he shuffles off, a broken boy.

"Was he botherin ya?" Jordan comes in, in his uniform.
"No, what took you so long?"
"Mr. Bell held me back after class to say goodbye, even though it's all his fault I'm going in the first place"
"I thought you said it was Cory's fault?"
It's unfair of me, Jordan has a right to be angry he's practically being dragged away from his life.
"I'm sorry" I say "I didn't mean it like that"
There's a silence. Neither of us know what to say to each other. We don't know how to bring back that moment at lunchtime. Everything that had to be said has been said.
I look around the room for inspiration.
"Is that you?" I say pointing to a baby photo on the sideboard. I start giggling. He's sitting in a bathtub with suds in his hair and the same cheeky grin he wears today. He goes red but plays it off. "I always was a looker, even back in the day". I just keep laughing at him.
"Something funny eh?" He says in fake anger.
"Oh nothing do you mind if I just-" I quickly take out my phone and snap a picture of it.
"Hey!" he shouts lunging for my phone but I dodge him.
"Looks like I've found my next instagram post!"
I say waving my phone in the air while he chases me around the room.
"Get back here you bitch!" I'm in hysterics now shrieking as he tries his best to catch me. I'm sure his dad has been awoken but he's the last of my worries.
"Catch me if you can!" I say making a face. AHHHH!!
He tackles me to the sofa and starts ticking me until I can't breathe.
"Jordan..!!, I'M GOING TO PEE!!" I say shrieking.
He gets of me as we're both still getting our breath back. My legs are resting on his lap now and both his hands are still grasping my legs.
Before we have a moment to think of what to say again. I pull myself up and start kissing him passionately. His tongue starts exploring my mouth and he pulls me up so that I'm sitting up on his lap. It's everything I've been waiting for. I can feel the butterflies flapping about in my stomach as he squeezes my side gently. I start running my hands through his gel hair, not the softest of materials but I'm pulling him closer to me as I do it.
Neither of us want to pull away for air and as we slowly lean away, he bites my lip softly.
I look into his pale blue eyes. I start to kiss him gently around his lips and he whispers in my ear.
"Do you want to come upstairs?"
These once would have been dreaded words for me to hear. Back in Manchester I would hear these words whispered to me in crowded parties with boys slobbering all over me and usually it would all end up in tears. "Jordan...
I've never done this before" I feel the need to tell him, considering I know it wouldn't be his first time. "It's okay" he whispers back "I'll be gentle". I slowly slide off his lap and he holds my hand and leads me up to his bedroom...

Ok..ok..ok I'm literally blushing at myself writing this chapter! I hope you think I did a good job of it, next chapter will also contain some mature scenes, nothing extremely graphic but just a heads up! Please let me know what you think xxxx