Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Emily's POV.

I pushed Harry away from me and looked towards the door where Caspar was standing with a hurt and shocked expression filling his visage.

Harry glared at him before looking back at me with confusion written all over his face.

"Hi Caspar...." I awkwardly trailed off as I cast my gaze towards the white tiled floor.

"Who's this?" Harry asked me with jealousy laced in his words.

Why would Harry be jealous of him?
Oh, no.
Does he think that Caspar and I are....?
Oh god.

Before I could answer Harry, Caspar had stated something that I didn't really want him to say.

"She's my best friend." Caspar crossed his arms and looked at Harry almost in disgust.

Harry scoffed at him and narrowed his eyes. "She's my best friend and my girlfriend."

Casper's eyes flickered towards me in hurt and betrayal.
"Well, I guess that I'll just leave so you guys can continue what you were doing before." He mumbled before stalking out of the room with his gaze lingering on the floor.

As soon as he left, I felt guilty that I had hurt one of my best friends.

Harry then turned to me and placed his hand on the back of my neck.
"Now, where were we..." he started leaning in, but I pushed his away and shook my head.

"Harry, just go to the studio. I'll see you later." I told him quietly.

He sighed and stood up from his seat before leaving the room silently.

As soon as he left, I leaned back in my bed and closed my eyes.

I guess Caspar isn't my friend anymore.
Neither is Zoe.

I guess my cancer is tearing my life apart.

I reluctantly fell asleep, emotionally exhausted, and didn't wake up until a nurse decided to check up on me and give me some news.

~

The nurse had told me that there was about ten people wanting to see me that we're in the waiting room.

She said they were my friends, so I just decided to let them come and see me.

Not to long after the nurse had left, a whole bunch of familiar faces entered the room, greeting me with hugs and kind words.

Tanya, Jim, Joe, Louis, Louise, Marcus, Tyler Oakley, Connor Franta, Troye Sivan, Caspar, and Zoe were here.

I didn't hug Zoe or Caspar, but I did greet them with a smile and try not to show the tension that was building in the room.

I was kind of puzzled about the fact that Troye, Tyler, and Connor were here, but I didn't question it because I actually was quite close to them.
They brought me balloons and flowers as well which brightened up the dull hospital room and made it look more festive.

Everyone had taken a seat in one of the plastic chairs around the room except Zoe and Caspar because there weren't enough seats. They kind of just stood awkwardly by the door and didn't really say anything.

As I started to chat with Tyler, Troye, and Connor, I started thinking to myself why on earth would they fly from different countries to come all the way here to see me. I know that it's expensive and they honestly shouldn't have. Playlist live is soon anyways and I probably would've seen them there.

"How are you girl?" Tyler asked me with that huge smile of his.
His smile is contagious, really, so I smile along with him as we continue our conversation.

"I actually can't feel the left side of my body that much, but other than that, I guess I'm doing well." They numbed me up so it doesn't hurt because apparently I'm supposed to be in a lot of pain right now.

Connor pouted at me, as if in sympathy, and then smiled and said, "Well I hope you get better because when you get to leave this joint, we will make collabs, get into trouble, drink tea, make photo shoots, you name it!"

Everyone else nodded in agreement. Did they realise that my doctor probably wants me to lay low? Or that the other cancer cells in my body might become active?

"Whatever you want to do, we'll be there with you because that's what friends are for, as cheesy as it sounds." Tanya piped up.

I decided that I was going to enjoy this moment and not let anything affect their moods right now.
It's truly amazing at how oblivious some of them are. I could literally have brain cancer tomorrow and not live another day just like that.

But I would like to do the things I want to do. Just because I might not know when I do become too sick to do anything. I want to travel. I want to make memories. I want to go on adventures. I want to do so many things, with so little time on my hands.

Time flew out the window that day and it was soon five o'clock when everyone reluctantly had to leave. They all promised to come back tomorrow at around noon and bring food or something of the sort.

As soon as they left, I laid back in my bed and closed my eyes out of tiredness.
Sleep started to overcome me, but the sound of the door opening and deep voices being heard made me sit up again with my eyes opened.

I smiled wearily at my brother, boyfriend, and best friends.
I guess I can wait to sleep. I like spending time with them.

However, Niall thought differently.

He simply shook his head at me and grinned as he walked over to my side and pushed me back down and tucked me in.
"You, young lady, are going to sleep even if we are here and you want to converse." He told me in a stern tone.

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. "How come I'm a 'young lady' when I'm seven minuets older than you?"

Niall pressed a finger to my lips and kissed my cheek. "Just go to sleep. I love you."

I grinned up at him, "Love you too Nialler."

And that was all it took for me to fall into a deep and peaceful slumber.

Although, I might've been listening to their conversation before I dozed off and I didn't like the sound of it very much.

Oh well, what's a bedridden girl going to do about bring publicised to the world?

Absolutely nothing.

************

Yay I finally updated
Sorry for grammar mistakes
It's late and I don't feel like editing

Caspar is off to the side btw

Love y'all