Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

I hurry towards the restaurant after parking my car and practically running out of the car ramp to get to the restaurant I'm meeting Greg at. I'm running somewhat late because I got distracted by editing my last vlog from the last day of Playlist and at home. I've only had one vlog up from the first two days of Playlist, and my viewers really seemed to like it. 

Editing one vlog after the other is very tiring and I honestly have no idea how Zoe, Tanya, and many others do that during vlogmas. I told my viewers on Twitter that I'd only put up vlogs twice or once a week, and maybe even more if what I'm doing for the week is super exciting. 

I'm not vlogging my talk with Greg, however. I mean, why would I? 

I asked Niall already, and he said that he didn't tell anyone besides Liam, Louis, and Zayn about my condition because he said he's want to tell everyone in person. I feel the same way as well. I'm a little nervous to tell Greg, but as least it'll be done and over with once I tell him. 

I look around the small cafe as soon as I enter and spot Greg near the back. I make my way over to him and can't help but notice stares from the people I walk by. I guess I should be used to it by now, but I'm really not. I don't like being the center of attention in public in front of people who have no idea who I am. Some look with sympathy, others with confusion. I try to focus my gaze on the back of Greg's head and and finally sit down with him. 

He smiles warmly at me and I return the gesture. I set my purse down next to me and lean back in my chair. 

"I hope I haven't made you wait too long. I lost track of time when I was editing," I say to him. 

He waves his hand at me, "Don't fret about it. I ordered you some mint tea if that's okay?" 

I grin at him, "That's great, actually. It's my absolute favourite." He remembered, how sweet. 

The waiter soon comes around with our drinks, Greg got black coffee and sure enough I got my mint tea. The cafe was quite busy and there were many people, making the room a little warm and loud. Greg and I chat about Theo and his wife for a bit. I don't think I've even seen Theo before in my life, so the pictures that Greg shows me makes me fall in love with the little lad. He's so adorable! He's like a mini Niall almost. 

Finally, there's a lull in our conversation, so I take it into power to talk about what I came here for. 

I take a deep breath and swallow my sip of tea, "So I went to the doctor a few weeks back and I got some... good and bad news," he frowns at me slightly and looks sort of worried, but I keep going on anyways, "he said that there are cancer cells in my body in several different places, but they're all inactive. The bad thing about this is that they won't stay inactive very long so," I trail off at this and take a shaky breath in. I can feel tears coming on and I blink them back as well as I can before I continue, "he basically told me that I have a year left to live."

I watch as Greg's expression grows somber and tears shine in his eyes. I guess he's taking this news harder than I thought he would. 

"I'm really sorry, Em," he tells me, staring down at the wooden table with a blank look in his eyes. 

"It's okay, Greg," I assure him. Harry and Niall took the news even worse than this, so he has no need to apologize really. 

He sighs and seems frustrated at himself, "No, Emily, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ignoring you for the past how many years, I'm sorry for not helping you and Niall out after mum and dad passed, and I'm sorry for being a complete and utter idiot. I feel terrible because you might be gone soon and I'll never forgive myself for how I treated you," he rubs his hands over his face and tears are falling down his face at this point.