Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

Emily's POV

Finally, after a few very long weeks of staying in the very boring hospital, I am now in a car with Niall driving home. Home.

I couldn't wait to go back to sleep in my own bed, maybe with Harry to snuggle into. I did not want to wake up this morning and I'm having a hard time staying awake right now as it is.

The doctor prescribed me two different medications in pill form: One is just a painkiller and the other is to speed up the healing process. I was now holding the two little orange containers in my lap and was reading their labels out of boredom.

The rest of this car ride is nothing but me staring out of the window and Niall singing softly along to the radio. Surprisingly, I didn't drift off into sleep at any point. My phone was keeping me awake due to all of the texts and calls I was getting from my friends. Even some of my American friends were texting me when it was nearly three am where they live. I don't know what I would do without them, they're the best.

The only reason my phone was going crazy was because I had tweeted earlier in the morning that I was finally getting out of the hospital. My fans are great too. They keep telling me how strong I am and how they look up to me for being the person that I am. But, there are always people out there who try to make me feel bad for surviving I guess.

In fact, this just doesn't happen to me, it happens to all of my friends. There are people out there who just try to make you feel bad for telling people about something you strongly believe in, an accomplishment, or anything of that sort. It's just disgusting. I hate people like that. Sometimes they make me laugh, and other times they make me cry and want to eat ice cream.

Finally, after two hours of driving, we made it home. I watched as Niall unlocked the door. I was holding my pillow with a boring old white pillow case under my arm and my phone in the same hand. Well of course it's the same hand, I can't just go and grow a whole new arm.

As soon as Niall opened the door and let me in first, I was greeted by the boys who were standing under a banner with the words 'Welcome Home' horribly written, but beautifully colored in. I could tell that Zayn had done the color part, and I could recognize Louis' handwriting from anywhere.

Harry came up to me first and pulled the pillow out from under my arm, letting it fall to the ground, and then gave me a hug. Harry's hugs are nice. The way he wraps his arms around your shoulders and dips his head into your neck just makes you feel safe.

"Welcome home, beautiful," he mumbles into my ear. He then pulls away momentarily only to press a quick kiss onto my lips. Well, it felt quick.

"Can you just get your lips off 'er for once second so I can give her a hug?" I hear Louis' complain.

We reluctantly pull away from each other and Harry winks at me, then reaches down to pick up my pillow and brings it to my room I assume.

I get to hug Louis, Liam, and Zayn as well. I thank them for the sign too. Niall, who was carrying my bag, left to go and put my bag in my room for me and Harry came back as we all sat down in front of the television.

I was completely sprawled out on the sofa with my legs on Liam's lap and my arms hanging over the edge of the cushion. If I were to just close my eyes for thirty seconds, I would've been out like a light.

"You tired?" Even with closed eyes, I know it's Harry. Well of course I do. I open my eyes to see him leaning over the back of the sofa and giving me an amused smirk.

I nod and close my eyes again. Why do hospitals make you wake up so early?

Suddenly, I feel arms wrapping around my shoulders and the back of my legs and someone picking me up. I crack my eyes open to see Harry, of course it's him.