Chapter 18

It's been too long...

Please don't kill me

Chapter 18:

Niall's POV

Slowly, I opened my eyes and squinted at the bright light above me. I rubbed my hands over my face and tried to wipe the sleep out of my eyes, where am I?

I sat up and looked around the room to see that everything was white and the television in the corner was emitting a soft background sound. Why am I in a hospital room? I looked down at my hands in my lap to see that I had an IV in my left hand and I was wearing one of those scratchy hospital gowns. I guess this is what my sister feels like.

Suddenly, I froze at the thought of my sister. Now I remember why I'm here, she's in surgery. She could be dying right now and I'm sitting here not knowing what time it is, or how in the bloody hell I got here. I laid back in the bed abruptly and felt defeated in life. I wish someone was here to explain to me what the heck is going on right now.

Surprisingly, my silent wishes were granted as the door knob turned and in walked Liam, Louis, and what the hell? Why is Greg here? I crossed my arms in disgust and glared at my brother as they all took a seat in one of the chairs provided that sat in the side of the room.

"Li, can you just tell me what's going on?" I muttered to Liam as I held my head in my hands stressfully. I feel like crying right now, I'm just so confused and overwhelmed by all of these possibilities and thoughts buzzing through my brain.

I heard Liam clear his throat, "Yeah, um I hope you're happy to hear that Emily is out of surgery and she's awake. You've been out for three days and she just woke up last night. They finished her surgery about three hours after you were put under." I look up to Liam and raise an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean, 'put under'?" I ask sort of annoyed with the fact that my sister has been awake for almost a day and I haven't got the chance to see her yet.

Liam sheepishly sat back in his chair which made me look at him quizzically before Louis began to explain.

"When we were in the waiting room, Liam called Greg and told him about the situation your sister was in, so when he showed up," Louis was then interrupted by my jerk of a brother.

"You started yelling at me and putting up a fight so a nurse came in and put a shot in you to make you black out." Greg finished, speaking quietly and avoiding eye contact the entire time.

I started to recall the scene as Greg explained it to me. I sure did yell a lot, mostly cussing and profanities pointed towards my idiot brother.

As I was remembering everything as if I was drunk and trying to recall what I did, Louis kept explaining to me more things I never thought to ask.

"You've been asleep for a couple days because you were sleep deprived and the IV is because the nurses found out you were very dehydrated." Louis pointed out my IV and crossed his arms over his chest in an accusing manner.

I looked down at my lap, knowing why I was sleep deprived and dehydrated and ashamed for it.
I didn't sleep much the after my sister agreed to the surgery, nor did I eat or drink much. I was far too worried for her and anxious for things to go right that I didn't pay much attention to my needs.

Speaking of my sister, "Lou, do you think I can go and see her? I'm pretty sure I can walk and stuff." I asked hopefully, already sitting up and trying to get out of my uncomfortable bed.

Just then, a nurse popped her head in, which scared me half to death, and gave me a puzzled look at how I was trying to get up.

"Mr. Horan, where do you think you are going?" She asks innocently and sort of sternly. She leans against the doorframe and crosses her arms across her chest as she asks me this as well.

"I just really need to see my sister. She just woke up from a coma yesterday and I just, please?" I beg the nurse. Louis, Liam, and Greg are standing up by now and giving the young nurse urgent and pleading looks as well.

The nurses' eyes widen as soon as I tell her this and she's hurrying over to my bedside and grabbing the bag and pole thing my IV connects to and turning off machines and what not.

"Up you get now, if you're in such a hurry. Just take this with you," she says gesturing to the pole with my IV bag on it, "and I'm sure your friends know what room she's staying in. Go on your way now!" She tells me as she does some stuff to the machines.

I thank the nurse several times as I get up from my bed and grab the pole before heading out with the three boys. I start smiling and laughing like an idiot as we make our way down the corridors. I can't believe my sister is okay! The doctors didn't know if she would wake up, but were they wrong!

Since there's no running, the lads shake their heads at my excitement as we speed-walk to the elevator, and then to my sisters room.

When we get there, I slide to a stop and grab onto the door handle to try and catch my balance, since I'm only wearing socks and no shoes, I giddily open up the door, but become quiet instantly when I see her sleeping and Harry giving me a 'what the heck' look. I just smile at him and quietly wheel my pole thing towards a chair and sit myself down. I look around the room to see that my sister got quite the upgrade. The floor is now more of a dark brown tile, the walls are a mocha color, and there's actually plush chairs and a flat screen television hanging on the wall.
This is much better than the depressing white color everything usually is.

Feeling content, I lean back in my chair and shut my eyes for a moment.

Finally, my sister is okay, my brother and I aren't fighting right now, and mostly everything in my life is going up, very slowly of course.

"Hey, where's Zayn?" Louis quietly whispers to Harry.

Harry sighs and says, "He's in the waiting room with Sophia, Perrie, and Eleanor trying to calm down all of Emily's YouTube friends."

I open my eyes and frown.

Okay, maybe not everything is going uphill.

Sometimes I wish she wasn't always a YouTube person because some of her friends can be crazy.

******

WHAT IS THIS

DID CAROLYN FINALLY UPDATE?!?!

WHAT *gasps*

I know it has been forever, but I'm trying!

Plus, my story on my other account with Mel is getting more attention than mine... hehe oops

I'm also currently writing some parts to a new fic I got inspired to write from watching some movies and stuff

So expect lots soon and go to my bio slash reading list (the last one) to go and check out my story I'm collaborating to make
It's called The Miracle Which Was Hidden and it's pretty sweet

Okay I'm gonna go now