Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

I flipped through the pages of my old beat of copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone as I sat in the hospital bed, waiting for my chemo session to be over.

It takes two stupid hours though.

I sighed as I closed my book and laid back in the uncomfortable bed.

I've always hated the smell of hospitals.
Disinfectant stuff smells weird to me.

I looked up to see the door opening and a nurse letting Niall in.

I nodded to her and she smiled at me and closed the door, leaving us alone in the boring room.

Niall pulled up a chair next to my bed and sat down beside me.
"How're you feeling?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

I shrugged, "I could be better." I actually could be a lot better. All this medicine is giving me a headache.

He nodded and averted his gaze to the floor. "Harry's really worried about you." I looked up at him, but he continued to look at the floor. "He said that he wanted to ditch his recording session to come, but his singing is way more important than mine so I came. Plus you're my sister." He smiled at that last part.

I sighed, "Niall, your singing is just as important as Harry's and you know it. Don't get so down on yourself." I wanted him to think that he was just as important as the rest of the group, but he always said that he was never good enough.

He nodded slowly and looked out the window at the cloudy day.

I closed my eyes in attempt to fall asleep, but the sound of the door opening disrupted that.

And in came Harry with the nurse.

His face looked happy, but in his eyes I could see the sadness he was trying to hide.

"Niall, they want you back at the studio." He said to my brother.

Niall sighed, got up, and kissed my forehead before saying his goodbyes and leaving the room.

I noticed that Harry was awkwardly standing there, "Take a seat my friend." His face flushed a little and he took the seat that Niall had.

I sat cross-legged on my bed so I could talk to him better.

"How was the studio?" I tried making small talk with him.

"The same as always," He grinned, "How's your arm?"

"Oh just lovely." I said sarcastically. He offered a sad smile and took my hand in his.

"I'm afraid that you're going to be here every other day." He intertwined our fingers and looked up into my eyes as he said this.

I nodded sadly. I hate to admit it, but I'm probably not going to have healthy body parts ever in my life.

We sat there in each others presence, not wanting to break the silence.

"Em, I know that you don't want to, but you're gonna have to tell the others about this sooner or later. I think sooner because I think Liam is starting to figure it out a little bit." His eyes never left our intertwined fingers as he told me this.

I nodded.

Maybe I'll tell them soon.

Just not today.

Not today.

******************************