Chapter 34

Chapter 34:

Emily's POV

"Yes, of course, I will Harry," I wipe at my tears with my hand. He's smiling up at me with the most genuine smile I've ever seen on him. This truly cannot be happening.

He holds out his hand and gently takes my much smaller hand in his, slipping the ring onto my right ring finger. It's sad that I won't ever be able to wear a wedding ring on my left hand and left ring finger where it belongs. I just have to accept this as is I guess. It could be worse, Emily.

He stands up at this point, and in the joy of the moment, sweeps me off my feet whilst burying his face into my neck. I giggle and wrap my legs around his torso.

He sighs in relief, pecking my cheek, "I'm so glad you said yes," he mumbles to me.

I shake my head at how oblivious he is, "Did you really think I would say no?"

He grins and shakes his head. That's what I thought. Why on Earth would I ever say no to a proposal from the love of my life and by best friend?

The ring is absolutely beautiful. I admire it carefully as we walk along the beach with his arm draped over my shoulders. I know that it was most likely very expensive due to the rose gold band and diamonds encrusting the entire thing basically. There are three larger stones in a row, some more encircling them, and even more around the band that separates into two.

(WHY IS THE PICTURE SO MASSIVE !?!?!?!?!?!???

(WHY IS THE PICTURE SO MASSIVE !?!?!?!?!?!??? ... carry on)

A few hours later, we end up back at the place we're staying at. It's nearly dark outside and we are sitting in the hot tub, watching the sun descend. I'm basically sitting on his lap with my head resting on his chest, his arms around my torso. This is nice; just us, the silence, and the warm breeze. It's absolutely wonderful.

"Can I tell you something?" Harry asks quietly, leaning over to mutter in my ear.

I nod and he continues, "I already have most of the wedding planned."

I turn around abruptly to look at him in wonder because, wow, he did all there is to plan a wedding in such a short amount of time? "Really?" I ask. Could this day get any more better?

He nods, pressing his lips against my forehead, "Yeah, I wanted to get married as soon as possible. There are only a few things to finish up."

"Well," I begin, turning around completely in his lap and facing him, "when's the big day?"

He looks sort of unsure of himself as he answers, "Two days... if you're alright with that, I mean."

Oh, he was just nervous if I was going to be angry that it's in two days. Why would I be angry, though? The earlier, the better. I don't think I'll be getting any better anytime soon, so why not?

I kiss his cheek, "That's totally fine. We'll just be a bit busy the next two days. I'll need to go dress shopping, we need to pick out flowers, to figure out the menu, you need your suits, we need to figure out our brides and groomsmen, we need to-" suddenly, I was cut off by a pair of lips connecting to mine.