Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Emily’s POV

Alarmingly, I sat up in my bed and gasped for breath as a cold sweat settled onto my skin. My eyes looked frantically around the room at all of the doctors who were rushing around and looking at all of the screens in the room.

I started coughing as I tried to catch my breath, but I couldn’t quite breathe. I was in too much shock to actually take a breath because of the searing pain in my left shoulder. At least what was left of it.

A nurse with blonde hair tied into a pony tail smiled calmly at me as she put a gas mask on my face and told me to breathe in and out. As my eyes started drooping downward, from the anesthesia, I could make out a few faces that rushed into the room in panic.

I could faintly see a blonde head of hair come towards me with tears in his crystal blue eyes. He took my hand and kept saying something over and over, but I was in too much shock to even hear anything that was going on around me.

Another face came up to me and pressed a kiss to the palm of my hand and smile faintly as water spilled over his eyes and onto his cheeks.

As I faded out into sleep, I kept repeating the phrase that I could hardly make out as I read his lips in my head to myself.

Don’t leave me Em, I love you

Don’t leave me…

I love you

Niall’s POV

My mind traveled back to the time when the boys and I were walking down the corridor, towards Emily’s room to visit her. Even if it was six in the morning, we probably would’ve talked quietly amongst ourselves so we wouldn’t wake Em.

We all thought this would be a normal visit.

A normal chat…

But, boy, were we wrong.

I looked confusedly at all of the doctors rushing into my sister’s room at an alarming rate. I immediately knew something was off as I widened my eyes in fear.

No

I scrambled into her hospital room with the rest on my tail and tears pooled up in my eyes at the sight I saw. Her blood pressure was above normal, her heart rate was beating terrifyingly fast, and she looked around the room in fear as a nurse put an anesthesia mask on her.

I was instantly at her side, holding her hand, and sobbing my heart out, I repeated the only words I could muster at that moment to her pale face.  

Don’t leave me Em, I love you

Don’t leave me…

I love you

One of the male doctors pushed us all out of the room and shut the door before turning to us with an urgent look.

“I’m sorry Mr. Horan, but there are several blood clots in her left arm and we need to go into surgery to fix it. Please wait in the waiting room and I’ll send someone out once she’s stable.” He said softly before turning and entering into the room again where my sister lay.

I collapsed to my knees on the floor and held my head in my hands as sobs echoed out of my mouth and into the corridor. I felt hand on my shoulders and someone picking me up off the floor and holding onto my arms as they dragged me to the waiting room.

I didn’t know if the others were crying, but I knew they were. Even Zayn of all people.

I felt someone lay me down on a small plush couch and I pushed my face into the cushions. I didn’t want anyone to see me like this.

I just wanted to be back in Mullingar with mum, dad, Greg, and Em.

But none of us are really together anymore.

I don’t even know if Greg knows about the situation Em is in at the moment. If I told him, I bet he would care.

He doesn’t care about her at all.

As I kept sobbing, I couldn’t keep all of these horrible thoughts out of my head.

But there was one that was worse than the rest.

What if she dies? 

***************

Okay this is really depressing 

But i updated! Yay!

Hehe i stole the laptop :)