Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

Emily's POV

Waking up for the first time after my surgery sure was strange. It was weird because I woke up at night and I thought I was alone in my new and improved hospital room, but I didn't notice Harry who scared the hell out of me. He was sleeping in the bed next to me and I swear I thought he was dead for a second until I saw his chest rising and falling steadily.

Prior to myself waking up, I was given that choice thing that I spoke about earlier. You see, I was with Jack and everyone else in that room and suddenly I was sort of transported to the middle of a field of flowers. The whole aura was naturally calming and the air smelt nice and soft. It felt peaceful and serene. Then a voice started speaking to me, but there wasn't anyone around so I was sort of confused by this.

The voice started telling me about what had happened after I first became in a coma state. They spoke of how Greg showed up and how Niall was doing, how the other boys were feeling, and how all of my friends were here to visit.

The voice reminded me of a wise man who had lived way before all of us. It was a man's voice and it had such a rich and smooth tone to it that I immediately felt safe and calm as he started talking to me. It wasn't until later that I realized that the voice that I was speaking to was Jesus the Christ. I sort of figured it out at first due to my Catholicism, but was reassured when I saw him appear and the golden gates into heaven behind him.

I started crying when I saw him. Not full out sobbing, but tears were just running down my cheeks out of amazement and happiness. He was such a beautiful man with a short and not too dark brown beard and wavy hair that went to about the middle of his neck to match. His eyes were so many different colors that you'd have to look at them twice to see that in fact they were brown, blue, and green all mixed together. He was wearing a white robe with no shoes, and the sky seemed to light up more at his presence.

He was telling me that I should stick with my friends and family for as long as possible and make sure to live my life to the fullest. He wanted me to make sure that I wasn't too selfless, but selfless enough. He asked me to make my parents proud, but most of all, he told me to make Harry happy because of all that he did for everyone around him.

He never told me why I should do this, but I had a feeling deep down that I would be returning some time again. That thought would probably scare me before, but knowing that I will make it into paradise, I'm not scared. Death shouldn't be scary, and it isn't when it happens because you'll be sent to heaven one way or another.

Shortly after our conversation, I woke up with a start on my hospital bed in my pale blue and scratchy gown. I felt relieved, but then thought of what will happen to Jack and the rest sat in the back of my mind for forever.

When I did wake up, I knew it would be no use to try to get Harry awake so I pressed the green button on the wall near me that patients would press if they needed assistance. Immediately, two nurses came hurrying in with a doctor who looked very relieved that I was awake.

As the nurses checked my vitals and the doctor removed the bandage from my left arm to see how the healing process was going, Harry was woken up by the noise and looked agitated that these doctors were making him lose sleep. All of his exasperation towards them suddenly vanished when he saw that I wasn't sleeping anymore and he instantly got up from the bed he was sleeping on and made his way over to me.

His dimples popped out as he smiled at me with adoration visible in his gaze. I couldn't help but grin back at how adorable he looked, but focused on my doctor speaking to me soon after.

My doctor told me that everything was on track for healing and all of my vitals were good. He seemed sort of relieved that everything was healthy for me. Everyone else did too, including me of course.