Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Emily's POV

As Jack dragged me down the long hallway hurriedly, I couldn't help but think of the choice that I will be faced with. Obviously, I would want to choose to live, but I don't know when I will be faced with that choice. I'm hoping it is soon because I really don't enjoy it when Niall cries. When anyone cries really. I'm not very good at comforting others when they're at their worst.

It also felt strange to be running past nurses and doctors and knowing that they can't see or hear you.

Jack suddenly stopped running as he stopped in front of a doorway that led to a small room with sofas and chairs that you would find in a waiting room. In there room there were also other people who also looked to be around Jack and my age who were lounging around and talking to each other.
They all stopped talking, however, as Jack and I entered the room.
"Hey guys, this is Emily." Jack introduced me to the five other people in the room. I felt kind of intimidated by them because they seemed older and more mature than me.
Fortunately, my statement became false as they all greeted me friendly and asked me to sit down with them.

"So, let us introduce ourselves and why we are here." One girl with long black hair with bangs, and tan skin said. "My name is Nina and I'm here because I got in a car accident about a month ago and have been in a coma since then." I nodded at her and whispered a 'nice to meet you' before the boy next to her started.

"My name is Will and I've been here for about seven weeks from an unexpected stroke." Will, who had chocolate brown hair with a bit of stubble and green eyes, then motioned to the other boy in the chair next to him with chestnut brown hair in a pony tail with a nose piercing.
"I'm Bruce and I've been here for like two weeks because my dad abused me and I passed out because of blood loss." Bruce then averted his gave towards the white rule floor and my eyes dropped as well. These things are absolutely horrible that they're telling me.

Then, a girl with shoulder length and very curly red hair with brown eyes who was sitting next two seats from Jack introduced herself. "I'm Grace and I've been here for three months because something went wrong with my lung transplant surgery."
Next was another girl with brown hair and natural blonde highlights who was sitting next to Jack. "I'm Avery and I've been here about three weeks because I was caught in a house fire and almost got burned to death." Avery smiled and shook her head at herself which made me wonder if she wanted to be here on purpose or who amazed she was at how she got here.

I was about to introduce myself, since Jack already knows me, but he spoke up before I had a chance. "I'm Jack, as you all know," he grinned a bit, but went serious before he turned to me, "and I've been here for eight months because I have brain cancer." Jack had muttered the last part and the rest of the group was dead silent.
You could tell that they don't like to talk about any of these things at all because of how silent the room was whilst everyone spoke to me.

"So," Bruce turned to look at me and licked his lips, "why are you here, Emily?" the question was simple, but my answer would have to be more complex than that.

"I've been a cancer patient since I was six, and," I bit my lip and looked up at the expecting faces waiting for an answer, "I don't have a kidney. But I'm here because the doctors decided to amputate my left arm because I had several tumours and bone cancer type four in it. So they did that job and a couple days later, I'm here because there were blot clots in my amputated arm and I blacked out." As I finished explaining I went to touch at my non existent left arm, but when I expected to feel nothing below my shoulder, I felt my elbow and my wrist and finally my fingers.

I widened my eyes in shock as I felt at my left arm that was actually existing at the moment. I heard the rest laugh and chuckle at my new discovery. "But, how?" was all I managed to get out as I beamed up at the group in front of me.
"We're not exactly sure," Nina explained, "but I do think it's pretty cool." She laughed too at me.

"Yeah," Avery started, "I'd probably look like a burnt pancake if it weren't for it!" she exclaimed and we all laughed.

As we all continued to joke around and pike fun at each other, I couldn't help the thought of Niall and the boys escape once or twice into my mind.

Niall's POV

I can't believe she's in a coma. It's practically like she isn't even living. Those stupid doctors don't even know what they're doing to her.
She just got out of surgery two hours ago and the surgery was seven hours long. It's now one in the afternoon and I'm sitting in this stuffy waiting room with the lads who are talking quietly with each other, minus Harry because he said he needed to take a wee.

The doctors said we couldn't even go to see her because she's in a fragile state. Even if I am family, they refused and told us to wait here until the doctor comes to tell us that she's woken up.

The problem is, I've been sitting here chewing at my fingernails nervously because I don't even know when or if she will wake. I couldn't image what life would be like without her though.
I'd probably be the unhappiest human on this planet.
We've been through everything together as twins and we're so close that we can do that twin telepathy thing sometimes.
We've always been there for each other for everything. My X Factor audition, her first surgeries, my performances, her YouTube career, when mum and dad passed...
We've made each other stronger.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by someone bursting into the room and looking around worriedly for someone.

As soon as we made eye contact, anger started to boil up inside of me. Who the heck told him to come here? How does he even know about this?

As he neared me, I stood up and curled my hands into fists. When did he start to finally care?

"Niall hey I came here as fast as possible and-" he started off frantically rambling on but I interrupted him.

"Why are you here? I thought you never even cared!" I spit at him in disgust.

His smile fell off of his all too familiar face and I had had it by then.
I pulled my fist back and punched him square in the jaw. He staggered backwards and put his hand up to his bleeding lip with hurt gleaming in his eyes.

"Get out! I don't want you here and neither does Emily! I never want to see you again!" I shouted at him and could feel hot tears burn down my cheeks. Why does he care now and never did before?

I felt the urge to punch him again, but was stopped and held back by one of the lads, I'm not sure which one.
Sobs started to emit from my mouth and my hands began to tremble as I shouted rude remarks at him.

"She never loved you and you didn't either! You don't even card about her! Just go, she doesn't want to see you! You were never there for her! For us!" I stopped shouting however as my body began to shake from the sobs and my tears blurring my vision.
I then felt a stinging sensation in my lower back and Liam mumbling something along the lines of "Its for your own good." As my mind began to turn fuzzy.

I still shouted at the man in front of me taking all of these hits that he deserves. He completely abandoned us and he comes to apologise now? I bet one of the guys told him about this, ill have to figure that out later.

I started to black out as I shouted for the last time at the horrible human being in front of me.
"I wish you would have cared earlier! You're such a coward for not helping us!" As my knees gave out on me and the only thing holding me up was Liam and Zayn, I shouted out the thing that I knew would hit him hard.

"I wish you were never my brother!" I said with anger seething in my tone.
I caught one last glance of Greg's face which looked totally defeated and guilty as I blacked out.

Now when I wake up, I hope he takes the thing I said literally and never comes back.

***********

I've decided I'm going to try to update this story every Sunday

NO MORE MODEST WOOHOOO