Chapter 31

Chapter 31: 

"Loueh! Come to Tesco's with me!" I shout down the corridor towards his open door to his bedroom. 

"Was that interrogative or imperative?" He asks sassily, peeking his head out and raising an eyebrow at me. 

I roll my eyes playfully, "It's both, we have no food in this flat because you pigs ate all of it," I explain myself. 

He scoffs and walks out of his room towards me, pulling on a hoodie, "I guess I'll come with you, but I beg to differ about the pig thing." 

I giggle and we both inform the other boys of our whereabouts. Most of them are sleeping because it's pretty late at night, but at least the paps won't be around very much because of how late it is. It's funny to think that all of the general public just assumes that we all have people get our groceries with us and we send them away like slaves. And by 'we' I mean the people that are popular in the media industry. 

On the way to the shop, we blast music in the car which earns us strange looks from oncoming traffic. All of the top hits play, including Adele, Ed, and Selena Gomez. Funny how Louis has met all three of those people. We shamelessly belt out the lyrics and high notes as loud as possible. I haven't had this much fun in a car for quite some time. I just realized how suggestive that sounded....ugh.

"Do you have the list?" Louis asks once we exit his car and are in the parking lot of the store. 

I dig in my bag and triumphantly pull out a small slip of paper with a list of items we need to get. Louis chuckles at me and we enter the store. He grabs a trolley and I direct him towards the produce section. 

"Broccoli, lettuce, bell peppers, apples, lemons, bananas, oranges, plums, cucumbers, avocados and," I stop in my tracks for a moment after naming some items in the section off, snickering at the last food that caught my eye, "carrots.

Louis gives me an 'are you serious?' look and I giggle, grabbing a bag of baby carrots and tossing it into the trolley. As we find more foods and I cross them off the list, I take the opportunity to ask Louis the questions I've asked everyone so far. 

"So, Lou, I have a few questions to ask you, but I need you to be completely frank," I tell him. He nods, examining a few lemons. "Have you ever thought of leaving the band?" 

He pauses momentarily and looks at me thoughtfully, "Of course not, Em. I love doing this even if I'm the oldest. The only thing that would stop me is if everyone else wanted to end the contract." 

His answer is relieving, but makes me worry even more about Zayn. The poor boy, he's not enjoying this as much as the others, but I wouldn't tell the boys without Zayn's confirmation. 

"What do you think you'll be doing after the fact, then?" I question, pushing the trolley towards the bread section. 

He shrugs, "Probably just sit around, have a family, get older, I don't know. I want to get involved with more footie." 

I watch as he picks up some bakery bread and places it with the fruits and vegetables in the basket. Once he's finished I push the contraption towards the frozen part of the store and read off some more items for Louis to pick up. 

"What's up with the questions anyways?" He grins curiously at me. I open a freezer door to grab a few pints of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream, my absolute favorite. 

"I just need answers before, you know," I trail off quietly and Louis nods understandingly. Thankfully he isn't accusatory towards this and totally against the fact that I might die in the next few years. Some are like that and it just makes the situation more awkward because, hello, the person with a life threatening disease is more ready to die than the person against it.