Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

Emily's POV

The tension in the room was very thick. You could tell that there were many awkward silences yet to exist during our conversation.

Heck, there was one going on right now.

Zoe, Tanya, Alfie, and Jim were sat at the chairs near the foot of my bed, and I was sitting at the edge of my bed kicking my feet back and fourth into the air.

The four of them had gone all out with the gift giving. They had got me a basket full of my favorite things; cinnamon tea, chocolate, some movies, a new makeup palate, and some other odds and ends. I sort of figured that Tanya and Zoe had put the whole thing together, but it's the thought that counts when it comes to the two boys.

"I saw your video you posted this morning," Zoe spoke, surprising me, "very touching." It felt like she was going to say more, but just kept it to herself and looked down at the tiled floor.

"Thanks, it was really just a spur of the moment thing. I really just wanted the world to know I was okay," I tell her, smiling lightly.

"It's truly amazing honestly, your story and all," Alfie sounds amazed and by his hand gestures, I can tell that he is.

The tension seemed to lesson there as we spoke, but it just got thicker and thicker as the time went by with nobody speaking. It felt like it was hours before anyone said anything.

"Emily, I'm really sorry," Zoe says out of the blue.

I look over to her to see that there are tears pooling in her eyes.

"I'm sorry about what I said and I've felt horrible since then. When you went back into surgery, I thought that if you were to die I would kill myself too because of the guilt," there are tears cascading down her cheeks and her mascara starts to run as she speaks, "could you ever forgive me?"

My vision suddenly goes blurry and I try to blink my tears away. She would've committed suicide because of guilt? Now just watching her sit there, she looks so exhausted and sad. I haven't been watching her videos recently, any YouTube videos that is, but I bet it took a lot of convincing for her to seem happy and full of energy.

"Of course, Zoe. I forgive you," I nod, wiping underneath my eyes. I hold out my arm, laughing slightly, "now come and give me a hug. I can't really get up right now."

Zoe laughs too, standing up to hug me. I wrap my one arm around her shoulder tightly, letting her know that I still love her no matter what.

"Now," she says after our embrace, "I need a mirror to fix my makeup."

I laugh and tell her to just use the bathroom in my room. I watch her step into the room and close the door behind her, then look back to my other friends.

"I am so glad you two made up. She would not want to do anything fun and would not lighten up ever since that day," Alfie smirks.

I chuckle a bit, but still feel bad for making her feel so sad. Well, I guess she hurt me and then she was hurt so I guess we're even? If that even works like that.

"Now the room won't seem so tense. Those awkward silences were unbearable," Jim puts his head in his hands as we laugh.

Zoe then comes out of the toilet with a fresh face of makeup on. She smiles at us and sits down, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

We all get caught up in conversation again. This time there was no tension among us, just joy and happiness. We've been friends ever since I started YouTube which was about when Niall auditioned for the X Factor, so five years now.