Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Emily's POV.

Harry and I are now driving back to the flat.
My hair is all wet and I'm just so cold from the rain that is now pounding down on the windshield.

I have my surgery today.
And I've never been more scared in my life.

"Harry," I started and looked towards his concentrated face that was focused on the road. "I'm scared." I told him in a quiet voice.

He nodded, "You have a reason to be scared. I would probably feel scared too if I was in your situation." He cleared his throat and continued on. "I just want what's best for you. Because I care about you and your health."

My heart fluttered a bit at the I care part.
Wait what?
My heart fluttered?

"Thanks Harry." I said and rested my hand on top of his.
He intertwined out fingers and the rest of the drive home was silent.

~

3:06 pm.

I'm now hunched over the toilet in the bathroom in my room, dry heaving into it.
Out of nervousness of course.

Since I can't eat or drink anything eight hours before my surgery, I have nothing to throw up.

I then felt a hand pull the hair out of my face and pat my back soothingly.
I recognized the touch as Harry's and looked up at his with a miserable look.

He grinned sheepishly at me and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.
"We have to leave in a few minutes to make it to the hospital." He told me.

I nodded and we both stood up and exited my bathroom.
I put on my hoodie before leaving my room with Harry to go to the hospital.

I walked into the entryway where the rest of the lads were, slipped on my shoes, and they all gave me sympathetic looks.

"Lets go now." I muttered before leaving the flat with the lads following behind me.

~

"Miss Horan?" A nurse came into the waiting room and called me back to get ready for surgery.

I stood up and turned to the boys who were sitting in the chairs next to me.

I hugged them all and kissed them on the cheeks, but when I got to Harry, the sorrow in his usually sparkling green eyes just made me crack.

Some tears built up in my eyes as I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.
He kissed my cheek back and whispered, "I'll see you later. I'll be waiting right here."
My cheek felt on fire where he kissed it, but it was a good feeling.

I nodded at him and Niall and I started making our way to the hospital room with the nurse.

~

5:10 pm

I had already put on the hospital gown and socks and was sitting in the bed.
I had already gave Niall and hug and a kiss. He was bawling his eyes out, and that made me cry too.

But now, a whole bunch of doctors are surrounding me and one of them just put the anesthesia mask on me.

I started taking deep breaths of it, just wanting to get it over with.

And with a snap of the fingers, I was out like a light.

~

11:47 pm

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted at the bright room.
Is it over already?

"Hey Em. You're awake." Niall came up beside me and smiled lightly.
I grinned back and him and averted my eyes downward.
While doing so, I noticed that my left arm was gone.

Oh yeah.

"Where is Harry?" I asked him quietly.

"He's with the others in the waiting room, want me to go and get them?" he asked me.

I nodded and he kissed the top of my hand before leaving to get them.

I looked around the very white room.
The floors, bed sheets, side table, and even the chairs were white.

It smelled weird too.

I turned my head to the sound of the door opening and in came the boys with Dr. Randall.

All if their eyes looked my arm that was no longer there, but I just kept smiling at them.

The doctor stood next to my bed and smiled at me. "How are you feeling Emily?" He asked.

I sighed and looked back up at him. "Well, the whole let side of my body is pretty much numb and I have a bit of a headache, but other than than I'm okay." I answered truthfully.

"Good. So I'll be back later to check up with you. And the numbness will probably wear away in a half hour or so." He stated before bidding a goodbye and leaving the room.

We were all left in an awkward silence as soon as he left.
I shifted in my bed uncomfortably and stared down at my lap.

There was nothing to say I guess.

Then I could hear them whispering amongst themselves and Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn all got up and told me that they were going to the cafeteria to get a quick snack.

That left Harry and me.

He pulled his chair up right next to my bed and took his hand in mine. My hand was nothing compared to his.

"When I was in the waiting room, I realized something." He said to me.

I looked at him and he looked nervous all of a sudden.

"What did you realize?" I asked him.

He but his lip before continuing. "That I love you."

"And I love you too Harry." I said back.

He shook his head lightly and squeeze my hand. "No Em, I love you."

And before I could do anything about it, he connected our lips and fireworks went off.

**********