Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Emily's POV.

I stared out the window of my hospital room as the lads argued about something stupid.

In about an hour I get to leave this place and go to Joe and Caspar's.

I haven't seen them for about a month now and I really am missing them.

Plus I'm super nervous because I'm telling them today.

I hope they're not mad that I didn't tell them before.

I sighed and picked up my phone from the table beside me.
Might as well go on Twitter.

I checked my feed and decided to tweet something about tonight.

@EmHoran: can't wait to spend the evening with the fam! @ZozeeBo @MarcusButler @JimsTweetings @Caspar_Lee @Joe_Sugg @PointlessBlog @funforlouis @TanyaBurr @SprinkleofGlitr

Not too long after, loads of people were favoriting it or retweeting it.
Others were more excited about how we're all probably going to do a collab together, which is probably true.

Mental note: grab camera before leaving.

I heard the door click open and Dr. Randall was standing there.
The boys went quiet, waiting for him to ask of something.

And by the sadness in his eyes, I could tell that it wasn't going to be good.

"Um, I'd like to speak with Emily and Niall please. The rest of you can wait outside."

Zayn, Louis, Liam, and Harry left, quietly giving me nervous looks.
Niall looked kind of scared as he sat up in his seat.

Dr. Randall took a seat at the foot of my bed, and looked down at the floor, waiting for the right words to form.

"Emily, the doctors and I have decided that your cancer is..." he trailed off and looked both of us in the eyes with his sad ones. "Untreatable. So we decided that taking you off of your chemo and putting you through surgery would be better."

I froze in my seat.
He has to be joking.

"What kind of surgery?" Niall mumbled and chewed on his cuticles, a nervous habit of his.

The doctor sighed and sat up to look more professional like. "We're going to amputate your arm, Emily. And after that, you'll be cancer free."

I ran my hand through my hair, unfortunately some pulled out with my fingers. Of course.

I fought back tears at this moment, I wanted to seem stronger.

Niall, however, let the tears fall onto his cheeks, silently sobbing as well.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but it's for the best and-"

I cut the doctor off, "It's fine. I'll do it."

He looked taken aback for a moment, but tried to shake it off. "Can we schedule it for tomorrow at five?" he asked me, grabbing his pen and clipboard.

I nodded and he proceeded to write it down.

"Thank you Emily. A nurse will be in shortly to help you get ready to leave." The doctor nodded curtly and silently left the room.

The rest of the boys entered again and sat down where they were before.

They all took one look at Niall, who was sobbing and shaking. It broke my heart completely. He doesn't deserve this at all.

"Hey Ni. C'mere." I held out my arms to him and he sat next to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around my waist and wailing into my hospital gown.

"What did the doctor tell you?" I looked up to Harry's anxious face.

"Ni, can I tell them?" I whispered into Niall's ear.

He took some shaky breaths and nodded.

I looked up at the others again and answered Harry. "They're going to amputate my arm tomorrow. The doctor says that it'll get rid of all of the cancer."

They nodded and remained silent as Niall settled down a little more.

The nurse came in a few minutes later, unhooked me from all those wires, and told me to change and I could leave when I was ready.

I changed out of my hospital gown and into a pair of light denim skinny jeans and a grey baggy sweater with my beat-up pair of black converse.

I exited the bathroom and we all left the hospital and headed home.

~