Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

Destiny's POV

We immediately went to the hospital once we got off the plane. Luggage and all, we called my doctor in the waiting room of the emergency wing and I was given a room at once. All throughout the process of waiting and being moved around from place to place, I was nauseous and dizzy. I carried around a bin with me for a while and actually had to use it once or twice until all I was throwing up was bile. I felt bad for the strangers sitting around us. I think a few knew who Harry and I were as well, but understood my situation and didn't want to bother me. God bless those girls, I really don't think my hand would stay steady enough to scrawl down an autograph. I'd look really sickly as well if we took a picture.

After a few scans and blood tests, I could finally relax again somewhat. Once I was settled in a room with liquid being put into me through an IV in my hand and chicken broth being coaxed down my throat, I was feeling slightly better as Doctor Randall talked through with me the next procedure that's going to take place with my health.

My doctor looked very disheartened as he sat down in a chair next to my bed and across from where Harry was sitting. He had a clipboard in hand with my reports. He didn't say anything for a while as he gathered his thoughts.
"Emily, I'm sad to say that your cancer has returned. The specific places are in your right lung, your lymph nodes, and your liver. We plan on continuing chemo therapy twice a week for the next two months and then radiation after that for two weeks with your consent. Are you okay to go through with this?"

I look to Harry with a stone expression because of how familiar I am to this sort of conversation. Harry is also emotionless although his eyes are tearing up as he nods to me and stares at the grey tile floor.

"Whenever we can start, I'm ready." I tell the doctor who nods and stands up.

"Well, we will then start chemo tomorrow and have you take another cycle three days after. For now, I'll send in a nurse with some painkillers and something for your nausea. Get some rest now, Emily." Dr. Randall says as he walks out. I say a farewell to him and as soon as the door clicks shut, Harry erupts into heart wrenching sobs.

"C'mere, Haz," I tell him, holding out my arm to him. I scoot over in my bed and he lays down next to me, cuddling into my side. I can feel his tears getting my shirt wet, but the only thing that's bothering me is how sad he is.

I let him be for a while until he calms down. He's quiet until after a nurse comes in with some medication for me that she puts in my IV bag.

"Why does this have to happen right after we got married?" His voice is small as he asks this massive question.

I think for a while because I don't have an immediate answer. I've been thinking the same ever since we got on the plane to get over here. Actually, I've been wondering this ever since I was seven years old when I was first diagnosed, then when my parents were killed when I was fifteen, then when I was diagnosed again at sixteen, and now at this point in time.

"You know," I start, tucking his hair behind his ear and wiping his tears away, "God always intends for certain things to happen. Maybe he wanted me to go through this so I could inspire people like I do through YouTube and to raise money for other charities. He works in strange ways, you know."

Harry looks up at me with a red nose and bloodshot eyes, "But why would He want you to go through this?"

I shrug, "We all have to suffer at some point."