Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

"We didn't do this right, did we?" I ask, grimacing at the rather lumpy pie filling that we just spent about an hour working on. 

Caspar shakes his head, "I don't think we did."

We sit and stare at the bowl full of what is supposed to be homemade pumpkin filling for a pumpkin pie. We're filming a video for his channel and Caspar thought it would be a brilliant idea to make pumpkin pie because it's close to Thanksgiving even though we don't even celebrate the holiday here in Europe. I don't know, it was Caspar's idea, not mine. 

Caspar finally shrugs, "Oh well, let's just throw it in the oven now!" 

I laugh as he takes the frozen pie crust that he bought from the store and pours the filling into it. 

"Caspar!" I exclaim as he basically fills it to the brim, which is not what he's supposed to do if I'm sure. I frantically take the bowl out of his hands and set it to the side, creating a mess as I'm moving it. 

He starts laughing as well and I carefully set it in the oven and set the timer. I hope this works or else we just wasted a couple hours of our day. At least we're having fun and I'm not alone. 

Luckily, the boys come back in about two days and I can begin doing more things on my bucket list. I've been super bored without them here even though I've had loads of time spent with most of my Youtube friends. I also got together with Greg and his wife and Theo at his home which was just lovely. Theo is so adorable! I'm glad that I'm actually a part of his life now. 

"So what do we do now?" Caspar asks, glancing at his camera. 

I shrug, "Clean up? You might want to turn your camera off though so your battery doesn't run out." 

He nods and goes over to his camera to shut it off momentarily whilst I put away the ingredients we used. As I put away things, Caspar cleans off the counter with a damp cloth and puts the dirty utensils we used in the sink to wash. 

"So, when is your brother and all them coming back home from tour?" Caspar asks as I wash dishes and he dries them. We are quite the team if you ask me. 

I grin to myself at the thought of the boys coming back home and being able to see them for once, "In two days actually. I'm glad that they're going to be back soon because living alone in a flat meant for six people gets really lonely."

"Well at least they'll be back soon, yeah?" he assures me and I nod. 

Suddenly, the oven begins beeping and we both stop our work before taking our hopefully good pie out of the oven. Caspar turned on his camera again of course, and as soon as he did, I placed the pie on the counter. 

"It looks a little..." Caspar trails off, tilting his head to the side at the sight of it, "different?" 

I pout at the sight of our obviously failed pie. It's all cracked on the top and looks really dry unlike how a pumpkin pie is supposed to look I assume. I was actually sort of hopeful for this pie, but now I'm rather disappointed at it. 

"Should we try it?" I ask him in an unsure way. He grimaces, but nods. Ugh, I really don't want to eat this. It looks absolutely horrendous to be honest. 

I grab some plates and forks for the two of us even though I really don't want to because we might get food poisoning, and set them in front of us. Caspar then very hesitantly cuts out a piece for himself with his fork, struggling whilst doing so causing me to laugh. He laughs at me as well when I attempt to cut out a piece and put it on my plate. 

"Well, here it goes," I say and take a forkful. 

Caspar groans and grimaces, "Three,"

"Two," I continue.