48. Yours & Liquor

A new page, a new you, a new year.

These were the things that Harry kept rambling about in the past 24 hours. The New Year was near, only a couple hours away and Harry and I were getting ready to head to Liam’s New Year’s Eve party. Harry was ecstatic about the idea, he had been talking about this party for weeks and now that it was finally here, his excitement was hard to contain.

He often reminded me of a child, because he had these phases where he’s really happy and can’t stand still. I didn’t mind it. Truly, I loved it. His happiness made me happy, but also, seeing him so animated was a sight to see. His already glinting eyes seemed even brighter and his dazzling smile, bigger. It was hard to take my eyes off of him, and got caught staring at him more than once today. Every time he would scold me for it, claiming that we would never get to the party in time if I didn’t stop staring, but I knew he enjoyed the attention I gave him, especially after last night.

It took us all day to get ready for the party, even if we woke up early, we didn’t really start our day long after noon. I tried getting up to take a shower but Harry had stopped me before I could even lift my back off of the bed. I didn’t complain, more than happy to cuddle next to the boy I had given everything to.

We stayed in bed all morning and most of the afternoon, and from the moment I woke up, to the moment I finally got out of bed, his lips never left my skin. Whether it was by kissing me all over my face, by trailing down my body or by giving me unexplainable pleasure, I felt him all over. We were being playful and happy, and in the confine of my covers, it felt as if nothing in the world could take our happiness away.

As I watched him button up his shirt and thought about the last few hours, I realized that maybe Harry’s happiness wasn’t just caused by the party tonight. I liked to think that I had a part in it too.

“Anna,” Harry chuckled without looking up. “Quit staring and get ready!”

I laughed softly before taking my boots and putting them on, “I can’t help it,” I said as I put on the first boot. “You’re quite the sight.”

I gave him a mischievous smile as he looked up and the one he gave me in return nearly took my breath away. He walked to me slowly and I mindlessly put on my second boot before he stood right in front of me. He reached for my face, framing it with his hands. I closed my eyes and sighed happily. I heard him laugh under his breath before feeling his lips against mine. His kiss was innocent, barely touching me as I tried to press our lips harder against each other. He chuckled as his hands prevented me from moving closer and I grunted; I wanted - needed - more.

“Harry,” I whined and opened my eyes to be met by his green irises that never failed to make me melt.

“Patience, baby,” he whispered. “We’ve got to save something for the midnight kiss.”

He winked and pulled away from me, making me groan in displeasure. Harry laughed heartedly and it became hard for me not to smile.

Never in a million years would I have thought that Harry and I would end up like this, never had I thought that I would crave him so much, and yet here I was, complaining like a child because he wouldn’t let me kiss him. I felt as if last night had been another turning point in our relationship. There were no more barriers and it felt as if we were now fully invested in this. There was no turning back for me. He was under my skin and I never wanted him to leave.

“You know what,” he suddenly said, pulling me out of my thoughts. “I think in the next year, I want to practice abstinence.”

I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at him. He quickly dodged it with a chuckle before leaning towards me. Our nose touched and he rubbed his, slowly against mine before whispering. “I’m kidding, baby. Now that I know what it’s like with you, I plan on doing it every day.”