16. Smiles & Kebabs

To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. I had gone to my second class where we learned about the different painting techniques and I didn't listen at all. Thankfully the teacher simply presented the semester's schedule, because my head was all over the place, but mainly, all I could think about was Harry. I couldn't wait to spend some time with him.

The fact that throughout the whole lesson, Harry kept texting me, didn't help either. Every ten minutes I would recieve a text along the lines of "are you done yet?", "where's your class?" or "is it over?". I tried to answer him without getting noticed. Although most of my answers were "I don't know", I couldn't bring myself to ignore his texts.

When the teacher finally dismissed the class, I gathered my things as fast as I could and almost ran out of the class.
I had told Harry in which building I was and he had said that he was going to wait for me outside. As I came out of the building, my eyes searched around for him and I almost immediately lock eyes with him. He was leaning against a street light and even if it was still summer, he wore a black and white long-sleeve. His hair weren't styled in the usual quiff, instead he was wearing a snapback. My heart skipped a beat, he looked amazing.

The second he saw me, he smiled widely and I did the same. I took in a deep breath before walking his way.

"Hey," he said from a distance as he started walking towards me.
"Hi," I shyly replied.

As I reached him he quickly pulled me into a hug, surprising me. I hugged him back at the waist before we both released each other.

"Here," he said as he reached for my bag.
"Oh no, it's okay. I can carry it." I refused with a smile.
"Alright, then. Hungry?" he asked.

I nodded and he smiled. Without saying a word, he reached for my hand and started walking. I followed him silently, unable to think about anything else but his hand in mine. He had took it so naturally, without hesitation, just like his kiss yesterday. It had the same effect on me, it burned my hand in the sweetest way and I wished he would never let go.

Harry looked down at me, clearly observing my reaction. I gave him a small smile and he looked down at our intertwined hands before looking back at me. He mirrored my smile before looking back ahead.

After walking for at least 10 minutes in silence, he suddenly stopped at a corner near a food truck.

"Have you ever had street food before?"
"Well, once I ate Nuts4Nuts, does that count?"
"I guess it does," he said as he lightly laughed, " I love grabbing kebabs here," he motioned to the food truck in front of us, "they make the best ones."
"Really?"
"Mhm. Would that be okay for lunch?" he asked.
"Perfect." I stated and looked at him.
He gave my hand a light squeeze before releasing it. "I'll grab us something then."

I watched him as he ordered our food, unable to wipe of the smile off my face.
In that moment, I liked to think that everything was going to be okay. All of my problems seemed to have disappeared and I felt... happy. I was excited to spend time with Harry, to have him grab my hand and most surprisingly, I was excited to show him my painting.

Since our conversation yesterday, it seemed like my whole world had shifted around him. In a way, he was my motivation to get better. I saw him as a prize at the end of my journey to 'recovery'. I kept thinking that if I could just fix my problems, Harry and I could work.
But at the same time, the thought terrified me, he was like a drug that I was getting addicted to and I knew that things could end badly.

Before I could slip into darker thoughts, Harry came back with two kebabs and the biggest smile plastered on his face. It seemed that, just like me, Harry was happy to spend time with me.
He handed me one and took a bit off of his. I carefully took a bite while he looked at me.