39. Toast & Wet hair

Annabelle's POV

I sighed against Harry's chest as we stood in the middle of the kitchen. I was in a state where everything was spinning around, not physically but emotionally. Arguing with Harry weakened my confidence in us. As much as things seemed perfect whenever we were happy together, when we weren't in sync, nothing else seemed to work. I needed us strong if I wanted to keep going.

For a moment, I wondered if he was as affected by this than I was. Sometimes I would consider my reactions over the top and unjustified, but this time, I didn't think that I was asking for too much. After all I had gone through events that made my reflexion reasonable, but even if I hadn't, I'm sure I would've felt this way. Harry was just everything I was looking for and more. He challenged me but was also someone I could always count on. He meant so much to me and considering that one day he might not be there anymore was not something I wanted to think about anymore.

The strength with which his arms held me and the softness of his hand against my back made me think that he was probably as shaken up as me. I wondered if we had truly solved the problem or if we had only found a temporary solution. It was possible that we both didn't like being mad at each other and just promised things that we wouldn't be able to hold.

I hid my face in his chest, inhaling his scent. It smelled like home now and it reassured me a little. "I want us to be okay," I mumbled against his chest.
I felt his chest expand as he took in a deep breath. "We will be," he reassured me. "Although I wish it would never happen, It's normal to fight."

I hummed into Harry's chest, unsure of what to say next, and he rocked us from side to side until he felt that I was a little calmer. I pulled back at the sound of Meghan's door opening and stole a quick kiss before returning to my breakfast.

"Hey!" Meghan called as she entered the kitchen. She didn't react in the slightest at the sight of Harry. By now, she had accepted the fact that he would be around a lot.
"Hi Meg," Harry and I replied at the same time.

Harry made himself another toast and joined me at the counter while Meghan prepared coffee. She stood on the other side of the isle and opened the journal.

Harry's hand rested on my thighs in reassurance as he ate his breakfast with the other hand. I didn't look up and tried to hide the smile that was creeping on my face but as I felt Harry's hand squeeze, I knew that he had seen it. We finished breakfast while exchanging teasing looks and knowing smiles before heading back to my bedroom to get ready.

As I dug in my drawers for something to wear, my phone vibrated. I felt Harry shift behind me but ignored it as I read the text.

*So? Will you join us?*

I looked around my shoulder and met Harry's curious eyes. "It's Liam," I explained. "He's asking again if I want to hang out.'
Harry turned around fully, his hand full with his clothes. "I was thinking we could hang out," he then said.
"We could go and hang out with them," I suggested. "I know you don't like Zayn, but he seems like an okay guy, maybe give it a chance?"
At the mention of Zayn's name, Harry tensed for a second before relaxing again. "Anna," he sighed. "I'd really like to spend time just the two of us."

I stared at him for a minute, debating whether I should please him or just keep trying to convince him. I wanted to spend time with him tonight, but I also wanted to spend more time with Liam like I had promised. The last time at the coffee shop had been too short and I wanted to make up for it.

"Baby, I need us solid," he said, his eyes pleading. "I want to feel like we're okay."

At his words I dropped the clothes I was holding and ran straight into his arms. He dropped his clothes too and his arms held me tight against him. I kissed his chest and he nuzzled my hair. The tone of his voice made me want to do anything to make him happy.