49. Story & Pancakes

Make my birthday extra special tomorrow by voting and commenting loads ? :) pleaseee ? <3

Drinking game, conversation, midnight kiss and laughs. It all blurred together as the morning light hit my face through the small opening between the curtains. I grunted, being nowhere near ready to face the day ahead. My head was booming with a strong headache and I immediately regretted turning to alcohol for support. My night hadn't been to a great start and after trying to get into it on my own and failing miserably, I engulfed quite a high quantity of strong liquor to get me going.

Harry did the same and before we knew it, all of our troubles were behind. We didn't really see much of Zayn after our short conversation in the kitchen, or at least I don't remember seeing him. Last night felt like a distant memory I couldn't really remember.

Small snores were emitted from the tall boy beside me. I looked up, taking in his wild curls and the small trail of drool coming out of his mouth. I smiled, happy to see that he was having a peaceful sleep. I rested my head back on his chest and matched my breathing with his. My finger traced the small tattoos in front of me, my favourite being the birds on his chest.

As sleep slowly left my body, unwelcomed memories started to come back. I grunted and hugged Harry tighter, hoping that we wouldn't have to face what was ahead and yet wanting to know everything. I remembered Zayn making a comment about not touching me to Harry and then everything made sense, but I didn't have Harry's full story. I didn't know if it would be a good or a bad thing for me to know.

Harry stirred softly but didn't open his eyes, so I assumed he wasn't awake yet. I sighed and lowered my fingers to his stomach and it tightened. I smiled, thinking that even in his sleep Harry was ticklish, but when a strong hand moved mine higher, I understood that he was awake.

I lifted my upper body, giving me a better angle to look at Harry's face. His eyes were still closed as he pretended to sleep, but his previous gesture had proved to me that he wasn't. I smiled softly before shifting my body and lying on top of him. Harry hummed as his hands snaked around my body before he grabbed my ass firmly. I giggled and a ghost of a smile played on his lips.

"Totally unintentional, I'm still sleeping," he mumbled with a sleep-laced voice.

I smiled before leaning in and pressing a quick kiss on the corner of his lips. "Pervert."

This time he didn't hide his smile and slowly open one eye to take a peak. "You look like a right mess," he teased.

I hit his chest playfully. "So do you!" I exclaimed before laughing.

One of his hands stayed on my butt while the other ran through my hair. "You're still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," he complimented.

I felt the blush on my cheek and I hid my face in the crook of his neck. We stayed in the same position as the clock ticked by and the sun slowly moved across the sky, both of us too tired to move. Although, to be honest, I think we both quite enjoyed the position.

No matter how calm we were being, my thoughts couldn't help but to run around in my head. I didn't know how to bring the subject and feared the outcome of the conversation. I knew I had to ask, that talking about this aspect of Harry's life that he had hid from me would clarify a lot of things, but at the same time, I didn't want to ruin our little paradise. Things had been so good between us.

"You're thinking," Harry noted, as he caressed the small crease between my eyebrows. "It's so loud I can almost hear it," he joked.

I looked up, noticing how Harry's eyes were half closed. He was either really tired or had a massive headache.