20. The Talk & Blue Jeans

I had three hours to kill before Harry would come and pick me up. As soon as I arrived, I started to get ready. Turning my room into a complete mess to find an outfit. I didn't really know where we were going and when I texted Harry he wouldn't tell me. "Dress nice." he would say. But I was scared to dress too nice, or worse: not enough. I ended up wearing black dress pants and a white short-sleeved blouse. Nothing too fancy. But then I had the same struggle with my hair and make up. I would usually style my hair in a simple ponytail but I decided to let them down for tonight and went with a natural look for my make up.

Once I was done, I still had an hour and a half to kill. I quickly grabbed my sketchbook and sat on the couch in the living room. As soon as I got comfortable, Meghan came in.

"Hi!" she greeted me in her usual joyful tone.
"Hey! Good day?"
"Amazing day."

It was one of those things that I admired about Meghan, she would always reply with something positive. I don't think I've ever heard her say that she had a bad day. I couldn't deny the fact that living with her had had an amazing influence on me.

I looked at her as she put down her bag and finally turned around to look at me. She stopped dead in her track, eyeing me from head to toes, a knowing smile on her face.

"Going somewhere?" she asked, her tone teasing.

All week, Meghan had been teasing me about hanging with Harry. She would often make a simple comment or look at me with a grin, but both were enough to annoy me. She reminded me of a fourteen year old instead of a forty year old. Sometimes I wondered if she was more excited than me about Harry and I. That was the only down side of her constant positivity, sometimes it was too much. I'm pretty sure that she already started looking for a dress for our wedding. That's how she was and I loved her that way.

"Harry's picking me up later." I mumbled and looked away. I could already predict her reaction.
"Really?" she dragged her word. "As in a date?"

I quickly looked her way then back on my laps, unable to control my cheeks from blushing.
She stayed silent and I looked up confused. To be honest I expected her to jump and scream, but instead she was looking at me with a suggestive smile. I rolled my eyes at her expression and folded my arms over my chest.

"Aren't you supposed to give me the talk or something?" I grunted.

I had already had the talk when I was thirteen and I didn't really want to hear it again but I think I would've preferred that over her smudge smile. It made me uncomfortable, not because I didn't want her to think that but because I didn't know if I should think about that. After all, Harry was a twenty year old boy and I'm pretty sure that it had already crossed his mind. I would say it would be too soon but apparently my generation believes in fuck on the first date, so I had no idea what he was expecting.

Her smile gradually faded and she looked at me with concerns.

"Aren't you happy to go on a date with him?" she asked as she walked towards me to sit.
"I guess so." I replied. "But I'm also nervous, very nervous."
"Why? I thought things were good between the two of you."
"That's the thing, things are too good." I sighed.

They were. It felt as if Harry and I fitted perfectly and I couldn't imagine anything breaking us up. But it wasn't just our relationship that felt perfect; he seemed perfect in every way to me. He was understanding, funny, optimistic and so much more, basically everything I needed. Although I had appreciated it in the past week, today it felt as if he was too perfect and that we were getting along too well. Something bad was bound to happen.

"Things are never too good." Meghan said with a sad tone. She understood my problem. "But you shouldn't let it get to you. Enjoy it while it lasts."
"I guess I should."
"When things go wrong, at least you'll have pain to draw from to paint." she tried to make a joke out of it but I didn't think it was a funny matter. I still laughed so that she wouldn't feel bad but I would honestly rather paint because I'm happy, not because I'm sad.

Before either of us could say something, my phone vibrated on the table. I quickly reached for it and read the text that Harry just sent me.

*I'm stressing out. Tell me we're going to be okay.*

I looked at Meghan to make her understand that I wanted to be alone. She understood and went to the kitchen. I stared at my phone, battling if I should lie or reassure him.

*We will.* I replied.
*I want more of your kisses* he texted back, making an allusion to earlier.

My heart swelled at his words and a smile crept on my face. He was honestly too perfect and I didn't understand how I got so lucky. As usual, simple words from him were enough to lift my mood. My past troubles were behind and I made sure to concentrate on Harry. He was a source of light in the never-ending darkness and I would fight anything for a chance to see it, even for a second.

* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! Here are loads of kisses * I quickly pressed send before I could change my mind.
* More please. *

I smiled and texted him loads of x's. He sent some back and we kept texting each other until he told me that he was leaving to pick me up. I put my phone next to me, feeling happy as ever.
When Meghan came out of the kitchen, she found me smiling like an idiot.

"Well you're in a better mood." she remarked.
"Yeah." I smiled at her.
"The 'Harry effect'." she teasingly said while doing air quotes.

We both laugh although it was actually the 'Harry effect'.

"I'm heading out to the grocery store. Do you want anything?"
"No I'm good."
"Will you be there when I come back?" she asked me while grabbing her bag and her keys.
"I don't think so," I replied. "Harry just texted me that he was on his way."
"Alright then. Have fun."

She walked towards me and gave me a small kiss on the forehead.

"Condom, Anna." she said as she pulled back.
"Oh my god, Meg!"

I threw a pillow at her just as she reached the door. It flew by her and hit the wall and she laughed before heading out of the apartment.

I quickly got up and took a final look at my appearance. I wasn't fully satisfied with the way I looked, but again who was, and I didn't have much time to change or touch up my make up. Harry lived close by and it takes him around ten minutes to walk from his place to mine. I played with my hair, trying to give it volume and made sure that my make up wasn't smudged anywhere.

Before I knew it, there was a knock on the door and I froze. That was it; Harry was picking me up to go on our first date. I quickly walked to the door and took in a deep breath to calm myself. It didn't actually work but I tried not to think about it as I opened the door.

Nothing could've prepared me for this. I thought that there was nothing more attractive than Harry in his black jeans and black shirt but the sight in front of me proved me wrong. He was wearing blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt with buttons at the top. I had never seen him in jeans before and I got myself wishing that I would again. He had done his hair and they were now up in a quiff. He looked handsome to say the least and the words were missing.

I kept staring at him but he didn't care because he was staring at me. I blushed as I saw his eyes trail on my body from head to toes. Once we were both done staring at one another we both looked up into each other's eyes and smiled shyly. I finally noticed that he was holding something behind his back and couldn't help but to wonder what it was.
Before I could ask him about it, he started speaking.

"You look lovely Annabelle."
"Thanks. You look... wow." I replied before laughing nervously.
"I'm glad you like what you see, because I sure do."

He gave me a side smile and I rolled my eyes at his cheeky comment.

"Now," he said in a more serious tone. "I have something for you."

My eyes went wide in anticipation; I found it so sweet of him to bring me something on our first date.

"Close your eyes."

I quickly obeyed and patiently waited for him to give me my gift. I was surprised to feel a delicate kiss on the corner of my mouth. His lips stayed there, barely touching me and I breathed in. I wanted his lips to move just a centimeter to the left but he didn't move. It lasted less than ten seconds and was interrupted by my smile. His lips were now touching a part of my mouth and it almost made my mouth water. He smiled against my skin before laughing lightly.

"That wasn't my gift by the way, I just wanted to kiss you."

I opened my eyes to stare at his. They were so close to mine that I felt as if I could read him perfectly. His joy, his nervousness, his struggle and his love, I could see it all.

"I would've been okay with just that," I replied.

His smile widened and he pulled back.

"Well if I would've known, I wouldn't have brought you these."

He finally revealed what he was holding behind his back and all air left my lungs. I felt my world shatter around me as my eyes landed on what he was holding.

"Daisies?"

.
.
.

Dun Dun Dun! Take cover guys, the apocalypse is coming! I'm sorry that this chapter was a bit shitty but I ended the last chapter in a weird place and I didn't wanted to make a page long chapter.
You have no idea how excited I am for the next chapter, oh my god!!
Please please please tell me what you think, vote and comment, and maybe share? ;)
I love you guys so much for reading this story <3
Karry xx.