44. Dark Blue & Lime Green

*laughing because I forgot to post the last part of the previous chapter and only realized it now. oh well...*

"In less than two weeks?"

Suddenly Harry had become really tense, as if the idea of meeting my mother generated an important amount of stress.I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured him. "It's going to be fine."

"I'm not stressed," he denied and I laughed silently.

I didn't contradict him, knowing that he wouldn't admit to it. Instead I just reached for his cheek and pressed a sweet kiss on it. Harry relaxed a little as my lips lingered on his skin. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer, hugging me tighter than usual.

"What if she doesn't like me?" He asked after a moment of silence.

I hid my face in his neck, overwhelmed by how cute he sounded. "She'll love you," I assured.

"But what if she doesn't?"

I shrugged. "Just show her the dimples," I joked.

Harry chuckled lightly and his shoulder loosen as if seeing me so relaxed about the subject comforted him. Even if I sometimes doubted our relationship's future, I knew that right now we were solid and that my mom would see that. I knew she would love him, not only because he was really sweet and charming, but also because he was good for me.

- - -

A couple hours later, we were at my place. Harry had brought his computer and some books to keep him occupied while I would draw, paint or whatever I felt like doing for this school project. He put all of his stuff on my bed while I went in the corner of my room where I kept all of my art things.

I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do when I received the assignment, but now I wasn't so sure anymore. Things had changed so much in a short period of time and I felt as if my original idea didn't represent me anymore.

I looked around, hoping to find another idea and my eyes landed on Harry typing on his computer. Whenever he was around, the only thing I wanted to paint was him. I had found myself drawing him in my sketchbook more times than I liked to admit and today was no different. I debated a couple of minutes if I should use him for this project or not.

"You okay baby?" Harry asked, interrupting my reflexion. "You were frowning, again." he explained with a smile.

"Yeah, I just- Are you busy?"

"Not at all, do you need me for something?" I nodded and he put aside his computer and came to sit next to me. "I'm all yours.

I smiled shyly, knowing that he meant more than just for now. It was something Harry did often, saying things that had a double meaning to tell me how he felt or how much he loved me.

"I have this project in which I need to illustrate a state of mind. I wanted to represent depression, being stuck, but now I'm not so sure."

I turned my head towards the canvas and he looked at me. "What do you want to do now."

"The opposite maybe. Something like happiness," I mumbled.

I saw him smile in my peripheral vision and blushed slightly. "That's a much better idea," he said jokingly. "What can I do to help?"

"Do you mind getting dirty?" I lifted my hand before he could reply. "Not in that sense."

He chuckled lightly. "Disappointing. But no I don't mind."

I nodded and pulled out my set of paint. "Choose one."

Harry took the set in his hand and examined it carefully. He reached a couple of times for a color but always changed his mind before he could grab it.