18. Misunderstanding & Insecurities

More than a week had gone by since the night that I broke down in front of Harry. Although it had been relieving, I was happy that I was able to control most of it. I was tired of sinking deeper and deeper into my depression and Harry was my new found lifeline, I wasn't going to mess it all up now.

Every day since then, Harry had made sure to pick me up from school and walk me home. He would also call me before going to bed to wish me good night. Every time I would act as if it annoyed me, but both him and I knew that it wasn't the case.

That's why it was no surprise when on Thursday, as I came out of the school building, I saw him leaned against his usual streetlight. He looked handsome as always, although for the past couple of days he had decided to put his hair into some sort of scarf to tame his curls. At first I had laughed at him but now it was starting to grow on me. He also wore his signature black jeans and t-shirt. Simple, but still very attractive.

As usual he greeted me with his beautiful smile that showed off his dimples and my heart fluttered. We hadn't really talked much about us. I think he understood that it was touchy subject and that I actually didn't really want to talk about it. He also probably didn't want to push me. He knew that I was making a lot of efforts to let him in and I think that it was enough for now.

To be completely honest, I think we were both a little bit confused as of where we stood together. Were we a couple or not? Were we dating? I honestly didn't know and I was pretty sure that he didn't either. I knew we had to talk about it eventually but I was okay with things for now. After all, I wanted to take things slow. And I surely didn't want to scare him off with all of that serious talk about our relationship.

"Hey." I heard him say softly as I approached him. He slowly lifted his hand to grab mine.

"Hey," I replied, unable to stop from blushing.

He had this effect on me, I longed for him when he wasn't around and when he was with me I was floating above the clouds. There was one thing that ever made me feel that way, and it was art. A feeling of being disconnected from the world and be simply happy. And now I had Harry to make me feel that way.

"How was your class?" He asked as he tugged me closer to him. I didn't complain.

"It was alright," I replied. "Good thing Liam is in that class with me too, or else I would die of boredom." I lightly chuckled.

Harry simply nodded and gave me a forced smile. I frowned, confused by his action.

"How about you?" I asked, "Had a good day?"

He stayed silent for a moment, walking in the direction of my apartment. I saw him take a deep breath and realized that he was upset. Before I could say anything, he looked down at me and his lips slowly turned into a smile. He was pushing the bad thoughts away.

"It's much better now," he stated with a smile.

I rolled my eyes at how cheesy he was but smiled anyway.

Over the past few days I had learned a couple of things about him and that was one of them. He had kept saying those awfully cute things to make me smile and it always did. Either because it was cute or because it was ridiculous, I didn't know, and honestly, it didn't matter.

"What did you do?"

"I stayed at home and played video games. Nothing special."

"Nice."

I had also learned that Harry wasn't going to school this semester, he didn't exactly tell me why, but he told me he had 'some decisions to take before he could attend school'. I didn't push it because I knew that a vague answer hid a desire to hide the truth, and I, out of all people, understood that he just didn't want to talk about it.