33. Memories & Jellyfish

Harry drove until we were a little away from the city. I had no idea where we were. Since I hadn't really explored since I moved in New York, and that when I visited as kid, we mostly stayed on the island, when we crossed the river, I was confused. Curiosity had taken over and it became somewhat frustrating that I wasn't able to figure out our destination. Lucky for me though, we didn't drive for long, lucky enough not to catch any traffic.

Harry drove and I stayed silent, the only sound was the low music coming out of Harry's radio. I didn't pay much attention to it, but I was glad that it filled the silence. I kept looking around to find hints that would indicate where we were going, until we reached an underground parking and finally came out of the car. The drive had taken 20 minutes at most, but I was so nervous and excited that it felt like an eternity. Harry kept silent, clearly satisfied with the reaction he was getting from me.

"What do you feel like eating?" he asked me once we walked out of the underground parking.
"I thought you had it all figured out," I teased him. "Now this date isn't going very well."
"Hey!" he said as he grabbed me by the hips and pulled me closer to him. "I just want to give you a choice."
I giggled and hugged him back. "Anywhere," I finally replied with a smile. "I really don't mind."

Harry looked thoughtful for a moment, trying to come up with a place to go.

"So... anywhere?"
"Well yeah," I shrugged then tensed. "Wait! I don't want to go somewhere classy," I specified as I looked down at what I was wearing. Jeans and a white jumper was definitely not classy.
Harry followed my gaze, confused. "Why not?" he asked.
"Because I'm not dressed properly and my hair is a mess!"
Harry rolled his eyes before pressing a kiss on my forehead. "You look great," he smiled then ran a hand through my hair. "and so does your hair."

He played with a random strand, twirling it around and tickling my cheek with it. I laughed and slightly pulled away from him so that he would stop tickling me. He pouted and pulled me back.

"I still don't want to go somewhere classy," I reminded him.
"What do you want? Fries and burgers?" he asked sarcastically but I nodded vigorously, which seemed to surprise him. "Are you serious?"
"Yeah! I didn't know I craved this until you mentioned it," I laughed as he exasperatedly shook his head.
"Fine," he said and took my hand in his. "Where do you want to get burgers?"
"To be honest I want to go somewhere fast so that we can get to that 'amazing place' you thought of."
Harry chuckled and kissed my cheek. "It is an amazing place," he defensively said.
I giggled and kissed his neck. "I believe you."
"So where do we go?"
"McDonalds?" I mumbled into his chest.
"You want to go to McDonalds?" I shyly nodded this time and he rolled his eyes. "Let's go to McDonalds then."

I walked happily next to him as we headed towards a McDonalds. Harry kept complaining that it would be my fault if the date turned out to be horrible. I laughed it off, knowing that it wouldn't end up that way. Good dates aren't based on what you eat, but rather the person you spend your time with, I told him. He shut up after that and smiled all the way to the restaurant.

We didn't spend much time in McDonalds, both excited to get to the 'main' part of our date. We ordered and ate in a matter of minutes then we were out of there.

I kept looking around still hoping that I would figure out where we were heading. We stopped on a street's corner and I looked up at Harry with confusion. We were nowhere impressive and I didn't understand why he was so excited. He stared at me, evaluating my expression and I looked around. Tall buildings stood around us, people were walking past us as if we didn't exist, this was all very typical of New York, so why were we here?

"Now," Harry cleared his throat to capture my attention. "We're just a street away."

I couldn't stay still, excited to see where Harry was bringing me. He knew me so well already that I was certain that I would like wherever he was taking me. I somewhat expected him to bring me to an art gallery, but at the same time he was being so mysterious, it felt as if he had come up with something that wasn't that obvious.