35. Morning & Everything

Annabelle's pov

When I woke up the next morning, Harry's head was heavy on my chest. It took me a while to fully open my eyes, scared that when I would he would disappear. He didn't, he was still there with a mess of curls on his head and small snores coming out of his mouth. I smiled softly as I ran a careful hand through his hair.

Last night had been wonderful. Harry being the perfect boy that he is, took me to the most amazing place, the aquarium. That alone was enough to make my night, but it somehow got even better as the evening went on. We took a step further in our relationship and I can't deny that I felt... proud? Proud that I hadn't freaked out and incredibly happy that things between Harry and I were moving forward.

I have to admit that I didn't expect the night to end this way. Sure most twenty year olds that go on dates end up having sex, and Harry and I didn't even go there, but it still felt like a big and important step to me. He had become my everything and last night, with the few words we exchanged, I knew that I had become his too. Of course I was conscious that after only a week of dating, we were actually pretty normal, but I felt as if we've went through a very long process to get where we were. A process that not everyone had to go through.

I saw things more clearly now, and that was all because of Harry. The weight of Daisy's death wasn't as present as before. The pain and incomprehension were clearly outweighed by the happiness he brought me.

There's this saying : a certain darkness is needed to see the stars. I felt as if this applied perfectly to me. There had been a time where I didn't appreciate what I had, of course I wish that I hadn't waited until my sister died to realise this, but I guess that it's never too late to realize these kind of things.

With this realisation and the fact that I had someone to hold on to, a new sense of determination took over. My conversation with my mother had previously ignited that desire, but now it all felt so concrete. I had Harry now and I wouldn't mess this up. I wouldn't let myself mess this up.

I looked down at the sleeping beauty and smiled. How could someone completely change a life like he had done with mine was over me. I didn't understand all these emotions I felt towards him and it was overwhelming. Even if most of these emotions were positive, there was still a bit of worry behind it all.

I felt addicted to him and the fact that he could get tired of being with me still seemed to be an option. I couldn't depend on him completely, because losing him would then destroy me. I had to work on myself, by myself. Become 'independent' as they say and be able to create my own happiness without depending on others.

Harry's arms tightened around me and I heard him mumble against my skin. He took in a deep breath as sleep slowly left him. I stayed still and carefully watched him wake up. He never released me, but at some point he looked up. His previous slumber lingered in his eyes, but I could still perceive happiness behind them.

He lightly chuckled before pressing his cheek against my chest again.

"Morning," I greeted him.
He lifted himself up a little and pressed a quick kiss on my lips. "Morning," he replied before letting himself fall next to me, the widest smile on his face.
"What's so funny?" I asked him.
"Nothing," he turned his head to me and as he saw my expression he laughed some more. "I'm just happy Anna, like everytime that I'm with you."

I smiled at him, at least I wasn't the only one.

"I half expected you to be gone," he admitted with a shy smile.
"I actually wanted to, but your fat head was holding me down," I said teasingly.
He chuckled, unfazed by my little banter. "Well, I'm glad that I have a fat head then."