23. YouTube & Lasagna

Harry's POV

I also knew that she wasn't fully seeing the length of my feelings for her. And if she couldn't see it through my actions, I had to tell her in words.

"Anna, I- I love you..."

*

"Tube!" Anna screamed as she covered my mouth with her palm to silence me. "You love YouTube."

I tried protesting but she held her hand against my mouth and shot me a look that silenced me right away. She looked at me, pain written all over her face.

"You love YouTube," she repeated.

I closed my eyes and nodded. She wasn't ready to hear these words and I felt stupid for even saying them. I should've known that it was way too soon to say something like that, I should've known that she wouldn't want to hear these words. Now that they were out, I could only hope that she wouldn't freak out on me again and ask me to leave.

I slowly opened my eyes, getting myself ready for her harsh words. It was something she did when she was hurt or scared. I had picked up on that now. Whenever she felt threatened, she would be rude and try to hurt back. Now that I knew, it was easier to handle her. Although it still got to me a little.

Once my eyes were fully open, I saw that Anna had her eyes closed as well. Slowly, I took her hand that was over my mouth in mine. She didn't move, so I placed a delicate kiss on her fingers before tightening my grip on her hand. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She didn't say anything, neither did I, but we both knew that this was some sort of rain check.

We stayed silent, looking at one another, her hand in mine. I knew she wasn't going to say anything, but I couldn't come up with anything to say. I wanted her to smile again, I wanted her to be as carefree as she was before all of this shit started to happen.

"YouTube is amazing," I told her with a shy smile. "Everybody loves YouTube."

She didn't say anything, but I saw a shadow of a smile on her face, so I kept going.

"I mean there are cats video. Who doesn't love cats?" She rolled her eyes but I knew she thought I was funny. "And you know, if you know the right terms to search, you might even find some porn on there."
"Harry, oh my god!" She said as she hid herself in my shoulder and I laughed.

I could feel her laughing too, even if she didn't want me to know that she found me funny. Her shoulders were shaking and I could hear her uneven breaths.

Once I finally realized the position we were in, I freed my hands and circled my arms around her. She didn't protest, but I felt her tense, like always. I didn't move or say anything else. I knew she was still emotionally fragile and I didn't want her to push me away.

When she finally started to relax in my arms (to a point where I thought she was asleep), the front door of the apartment opened and she jumped out of bed. It took me a second to understand what was happening, while she was walking around her room panicked.

"Harry, get out of my bed!" she whisper-screamed. "Meghan is home and if she sees you in my bed, she's going to think that we..."

She didn't finish her sentence and motioned her hands between the two of us. I kept silent, somehow enjoying the situation.

"You know..." she added.
"That we slept together?" I teased her. I love how shy she was about the subject.
"Yes." her eyes went wide, "now get out."

I stayed in bed and rested my hands behind my head. "I'm quite comfortable actually. I think I'm going to stay here."
"Harry!"

She came next to the bed and tried to pull me out off bed. I didn't fight her off, I didn't really have to, she wasn't pulling very hard.