46. Fainting & Team

Harry had always found ways to make me laugh. Although most of the time it was on purpose, I wasn’t so sure this time it was intentional.

A few hours after my mother had arrived, there was a knock on the apartment door. It was around six o’clock, so I knew that it was going to be Harry, since it was the time that we had agreed we would meet before going to the restaurant with my aunt and my mom. But as much as I expected Harry to be on the other side of the door, I didn’t expect him to look like he did. He had left his usual printed shirt and black jeans home and was dressed up with a simple white clean shirt and dress pants. His usual messy hair was now combed upward.

He didn’t look funny, he actually looked so handsome but the fact that he took it so seriously was so incredibly cute, I couldn’t help but giggle.

“What?” he asked when I started to laugh. His eyes were wide and he looked down at his clothes. “Is there something wrong?”

I took a step and pressed a sweet kiss on his lips. “You look amazing,” I said to ease his nerves.

He started to pout. “Why are you laughing then?”

“Sorry, I wasn’t expecting you to look like that,” I explained.

He gestured to his attire. “It’s not okay?” He questioned, worried.

I snaked my arms around his neck and pressed another kiss on his lips. “It’s perfect,” I assured.

He smiled and hugged me at the waist pulling me to him momentarily before releasing me. I mouthed ‘ready?’ and he nodded with a tight smile. I caressed his cheek with a comforting smile before grabbing his hand and dragging him into the kitchen where Meghan and my mom were sitting. They both lifted their eyes in our direction as we entered the room and the smile on my mom’s face grew. She hadn’t stop saying how excited she was to meet him since she arrived.

“Mom, this is Harry,” I introduced. “Harry, this is my mother, Jane.”

Harry reached for her hand. “Nice to meet you,” he greeted her with his signature smile, not showing how nervous he was.

I giggle silently, seeing how he was playing his full game: his dimples in evidence and him being as charming as ever. From that moment, it was clear on my mother’s face that he had her.

My mom stood up and grabbed his hand politely. “I’ve heard a lot about you,” my mom informed him, making me blush slightly.

Harry looked at me and I saw how happy he was with that information. “Only good things I hope,” he said as he grabbed my hand.

My mom looked at our intertwined hands for a second before looking at me then at Harry. “Of course, Anna adores you.”

My blush intensified and I looked down. Harry knew how much he meant to me, but having someone else say it out loud was so different. I felt Harry’s hand squeeze mine and him tugging me a little closer to hI looked up and saw that now his cute-dimple-y-smile was aimed at me.

He raised his eyebrows suggestively. “Does she?”

I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully, making everyone around laugh. “Can we go now?” I asked to end my embarrassment.

Meg and my mom gathered their things and we were out to diner.

We had chosen a small Italian restaurant, under the recommendation of Meghan, which was only a fifteen minutes walk away from the apartment. Still, we decided to take the car, as the evenings were quite cold in December. We took Harry’s car as he was parked right in front of our building and headed to our destination. The car ride was silent, only the radio filled the car. Now that my mother couldn’t really see his face, I saw his act fade a little and nervousness taking over again. I reached over to his side and grabbed his hand. When we stopped at a red light he looked at me and smiled softly, silently thanking me.