37. Worries & White Knight

The next few weeks went by faster than I expected and before I knew it, Friday had creeped up on me.
I woke up that morning to the sound of a snoring Harry. His mouth was right next to my ear as he held me from behind. I stayed still for a moment. Relishing in the heat that Harry generated and calmly listened to his breathing. This had been my routine for the past few week. Us spending all of our evenings together, and him staying over for the night.

I loved spending so much time with him, things always seemed so easy when we were together and we always had so much fun. It was amazing to get to know him more a little everyday, to have him so close, being able to nest in his arms whenever I wanted to. But all week something had been bothering me. There was something in Harry's attitude that wasn't quite right and I soon realized that when Harry was troubled, so was I.

All week he had been acting weird. Seizing every opportunities to be with me, texting me when he couldn't physically be there. At first I thought that it was cute, him taking care of me this way, always making sure that I was okay, but as the days went by, I realized just how intense it had become.
I sometimes caught him staring at me. That wasn't unusual. What was unusual was the emotion behind his eyes. Where they would generally be filled with love, they were sometime filled with worries and that's what I didn't understand.

I turned around to face Harry. My fingers mindlessly tracing his features as I wondered why he was acting this way. We had been so good together, nothing bad had happened between the two of us since our date at the aquarium. I tried to think back to when he had started to act so weird and after a moment, I realized that it had all started when we met Zayn with Liam.

I knew that Harry didn't like Zayn, he had made that very clear, but I had also told him that I wouldn't hang out with him, so his reaction couldn't be linked to jealousy.

I sighed, more confused than ever and I realized that if I wanted answers, I needed to ask Harry.

As if on cue, Harry sleepily stirred next to me. I watched him as he woke up and waited until he opened his eyes to smile at him. No matter how confused I was by his attitude, he was still my boyfriend and he still made my heart stop just by looking at me. I still wondered every day if this whole thing was actually real, if he was as perfect as I made him to be.

He smiled as his eyes landed on me and pulled me closer to him.

"Good morning beautiful," he said with a lopsided grin.
I giggled, my worries buried at the back of my mind. "Good morning handsome," I replied.
"Sleep well?"
"Couldn't really sleep with you snoring in my ear," I teased him.
He blushed and bit his lower lip nervously. "Sorry baby."
I laughed again as I rested my head against his shoulder. My lips rubbed against his neck as i spoke. "I'm just playing with you. I slept great actually. It's very comfortable with you holding me."
I looked up and saw Harry staring at me. "Good, because I sort of never want to let go of you."

I smiled at his sweet words but something in his face made me worry again. It was back, the look in his eyes that had been bothering me. I reached for his face with my hand and slowly caressed it.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, clearly surprising him with my question.
He stayed silent for a minute before nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He nuzzled my neck and pressed kisses along my neck. As much as I enjoyed it, I knew that he was doing this so that I would get distracted and drop the subject.

"Doesn't seem like it," I argued.
"Why are you saying that?"
I shrugged. "I know that something is bothering you," I looked down. "and that bothers me."
"It's nothing Anna, don't worry about it." He smiled but I didn't buy it.
"Tell me," I insisted.
Harry sighed. "I just love you, that's all."
"Doesn't seemed like it."