29. Hot & Heavy

I didn't need to drink a lot to feel the effects of alcohol. Apparently, after two beers and one shot of tequila, my body was already starting to have a hard time standing straight. My bladder also seemed to be able to handle very little alcohol, which made me have to go to the bathroom every five minutes. It seemed like all I did was go to the bathroom, which wasn't good because it also meant that I had to walk back and forth and it turned out to be a much more complicated task than I anticipated.

After what was probably my fifth trip to the bathroom, I made my way back to the table where we sat. I reached the bench and tried to sit but almost didn't make it. If it weren't for Harry quickly grabbing me by the waist and pulling me to him, I would've probably ended up on the floor, with a sore butt.

I giggled, high on fun and too much alcohol, before resting my head on Harry's shoulder. I sighed as I felt his hand on my waist and a small kiss in my hair.

"Careful not to fall," he warned me.
"Sorry," I laughed. "I don't handle alcohol really well."
"I can see that," he agreed and gave me a tight smile.
I frowned. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," he denied.
"You've been acting weird all night, there is something wrong."

Ever since we entered the bar, scratch that, since we left Liam's house, Harry's eyes had been on me. The fact that he was looking at me wasn't unusual, because whenever we were together, I could always feel his eyes on me. What was unusual, was the emotions behind his eyes. They would usually be filled with love and care, but now, they seemed cautious and guarded.

"I don't like it," I said after realizing that he wasn't telling me.
"I'm just making sure you don't drink too much," he admitted. "I don't know how you are when you're drunk and I don't want to have to fight with you."

Images of my mom drunkenly yelling at me flashed through my mind.
I shook my head to get rid of these thoughts. It wasn't the place or time to be thinking about this. I was out with friends to have a good time and I wouldn't let what had happened a few months ago ruin this.

"I don't want to get drunk," I assured Harry. "I'm just having a drink or two to give me some courage."
"A drink or two is fine. Just don't overdo it, alright?"
I nodded and gently kissed his jaw. "Will you drink a little?" I asked him.
"No. I want to be able to drive us home."
"We could always take a taxi, that way you could drink with us?"
"I don't want to drink," he said before nudging his nose with mine.

The gesture shut me up right away and Harry smirked. He ran the tip of his nose up and down mine before laughing lightly.

"You like when I do that?" He asked his breath fanning over my face. I nodded vigorously which amplified Harry's laughter. "I like it too," he admitted and I smiled at him.
"I like when you touch me," I said before I could think about it and covered my mouth with my hands
"Do you?" He asked with one of his eyebrows lifted and a crooked smile. I nodded.

His grab on my hips tightened and his other free hand came to rest on my thigh. He ran his fingers up and down, without crossing the line, for which I was grateful. I turned my head and nuzzled his neck. I felt his lips against my ear then down along my jaw. I shivered, overwhelmed by the sensation of him touching me like this. It wasn't much, but it was intimate, something we hadn't done before. 

Strangely, where we were didn't matter. In a usual situation, I would've been self conscious about people seeing us, but right now, it was the last thing on my mind. All I could think about was the feeling of his skin against mine. The way his fingers had made their way under my shirt at the waist, the tingling feeling that his fingers left behind on my thigh, his warm breath covering my neck and his wet lips worshipping me like I was the most delicious thing in the world.

I couldn't get enough of it, in fact I wanted more, but my spell was broken as I felt him vibrate against me.

"I'm taking back what I said," he laughed. "I like when you have a little bit more courage."

I dug my face deeper in his neck, embarrassed to have let go like I had, and Harry laughed harder.

"If it makes you feel any better," he whispered in my ear. "I enjoyed it too."

I pulled away a little to see if he was still laughing at me, or if he was being serious.
His eyes were warm with emotions, there were no signs of the cautious Harry I had seen only minutes ago. My eyes then focused on his lips and I shyly bit my lower lip. I wanted him to kiss me right there and then. It took everything I had not to scream at him to kiss me and apparently it was obvious.

"Don't worry," he chuckled. "I want that too."
I looked back up at him. "Why not then?"
"I want you to be sober when I do."
"I'm not even drunk."
"Maybe, but you're not fully yourself. The alcohol makes you bold, if it wasn't for it, you might not want to," he explained.
"That's a lie," I retorted. "I wanted to this morning and I hadn't drink anything."
Harry let out a loud laugh. "This is the proof that alcohol makes you bolder. You would've never told me that sober."
I pouted. "Alcohol or no alcohol, I want this."
He pulled me closer. "How about this. You let me sleep at your place, I'll kiss you goodnight and tomorrow, we will spend the day together then we'll go on an actual date and if all goes well, I'll kiss you properly."

I don't why his proposition excited me so much. It was a weird thing to be planning a kiss, but it felt like the right thing to do with us. Harry was so scared of taking a risk with me, and I didn't blame him, and if he wasn't certain that I wanted something, he wouldn't do it.
My heart swelled and I felt as if the feelings I had for him were overwhelming. The fact that he cared so much and that he was so careful with me, made me feel important. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. Even if we had only been seeing each other for a short period of time, I liked how we were and where we were heading. Things were getting comfortable, I was beginning to trust him more and more, even if part of me was scared to trust him so much, it also felt nice to know that I could count on someone.

"So if I'm correct, you're trading me two kisses in exchange of me accepting to spend time with you?"
"Yeah, pretty much," he laughed lightly.
"Alright, then." I said as I drank the remaining of my beer. "It's a win-win situation for me."
"It is for me too," he commented.
"Oh, yeah," I slowly realized while I stared at my empty beer. "Don't let me drink ever again, it does terrible things to me."

Harry's laughed reverberated through his body and I cuddled back into his arms. As I looked across, I realized that Jessie and Liam had left.

"Where are Jessie and Liam," I asked out loud.
"They left when things got hot and heavy."
"Hot and heavy," I repeated mockingly before rolling my eyes.

He chuckled at my exasperation and squeezed my hip.

"I think they went to the pool tables."
"Oh!" I sat up suddenly. "Can we go too?"
Harry shrugged. "Sure."

I smiled at him and got up before turning around to face Harry. I looked at him with a smile and extended my arm so that he would take my hand. He looked at me for a second, not understanding what I was doing before looking at my hand. A smile grew on his face and he carefully took it. I was never the first one to take his hand, not that I didn't want to. I was just always too shy to do it or too slow, so Harry always took mine first.
He was adorable, holding my hand in his as if I was offering him the most precious thing in the world. He didn't got up though, which confused me, so I tugged lightly on my hand to make him understand but he held it tighter. I frowned, until I realized what he was doing. He slowly leaned towards me and pressed a kiss on the back of my hand, his eyes never leaving mine. I released a breath in contentment. This boy was simply too much sometimes.

"I just want to tell you something," he said as he slid to the edge of the bench and opened his legs so that I would be standing between them.
"What?" I asked almost out of breath as his free hand came to rest at the back of my thigh.
"I'm very happy to be with you," he looked up at me, his green eyes piercing through me.
"Me too," I whispered and ran a hand through his hair.

He smiled before getting up and kissing me on the cheek. He then walked me to where Liam and Jessie were playing pool.

"There's the couple!" Jessie exclaimed joyfully. She had definitely been drinking more than me. "We're just finishing our round, want to play with us after?"
"Sure," Harry replied for both of us.
"I say we do boys versus girls," she suggested.
"Bad idea, I don't know how to play," I informed her
"Doesn't matter," Jessie replied. "I could beat these two british arses with my eyes closed."
"Lies," Liam objected.
"We beat you once," Harry reminded her.
"The keyword here is once." Jessie laughed and I joined her, which earned me a playful but stern look from Harry. "You're on my team Anna," she insisted.
"Okay," I agreed.

We waited on the side as Liam and Jessie finished their game. Sure enough, Jessie won and she wasn't shy about it. Once she was done mocking Liam, she motioned to Harry and I to come over and play.

"I'll show you how to play," Harry reassured me before letting go of my hand and going to stand next to Liam.
"Thanks."
"Don't thank him, he's horrible. He won't be any help."

Harry flipped her off and I laughed.
I really like Jessie, Harry was right when he said that being around her is always fun. She could be perceived as a bit arrogant but never in a rude way. She was also very energetic and it was contagious.

We ended up being the ones to start the game, Jessie claiming that she had too since she had won the last round. I stood back and watched as Jessie broke the set of balls and Liam positioned himself for his hit.

"Do you know the rules, Anna?" Harry asked as he made his way to me.
"Yeah, I just don't know how to hit."
He smirked. "Oh baby, you're about to live a romantic movie scene."

His voice was playful. I raised my brow at his statement and he simply shrugged his shoulders before mouthing 'you'll see.'
And I did see what he meant as it became my turn to play. He directed me on one side of the table and showed me which ball I should hit. He then handed me a cue stick with a smirk.

"Now you have to bend over."

My eyebrow shot up.

"I lied when I said it would be like a romantic movie," he laughed. "It's more like a por-"
I interrupted him hit his chest playfully, knowing all too well what he was going to say, and his laugh amplified. "You're an idiot."
"Fine then, we'll do it the romantic way."

I rolled my eyes and turned around. He pressed his body against mine as he showed me how to position my hands on the cue stick. I then bent forward and his body followed mine, never allowing it to be separated from mine.
I could hear him smile as he gave me the instructions on how to hit and it became really hard to listen to him.

"And now we hit," he said as he guided my arms back and forth to hit the white ball.

We stood up and he rested one of his hand on my hips and his chin on my shoulder. We all watched as my white ball hit the green one. It didn't go in any hole but it came close and that was enough for me.

"Good job," he congratulated me. "I'll be happy to help on your next turn."
I turned around and laughed. "I'm sure you will."

He winked and quickly kissed the tip of my nose before taking the stick out of my hand and playing his turn.
We did that for the whole game, which earned us eye rolls from Liam and Jessie, but we didn't care. With a step back, I don't think they really cared either, I think they actually enjoyed the fact that Harry was happy, and so was I. I would have never let him do that every time I played if I didn't know that he liked being able to be physically close to me. Getting to be emotionally close to me had been quite a battle for him and I think he appreciated that I didn't make it as hard to be physically close to me.

Jessie and I ended up winning, no thanks to me but I was still very happy. The boys on the other hand were in no such mood. Jessie kept nagging them for losing and they did their best to ignore her.
Harry came behind me and hid his face in my neck to hide himself from Jessie and I heard Liam mumble 'coward'. I laughed, both from Liam's comment and because of Harry's tickling kisses. I put my hands over Harry's and swayed slowly with him. I slowly closed my eyes, relaxing in his arms. The alcohol was starting to fade in my system, which made me very sleepy.
I heard him lowly humming and it reverberated deep inside of me. I slowly opened my eyes before turning my face towards Harry. I kissed the top of his head delicately, which made him raise his head to me.

"Do you want to go?" He asked and I nodded. He looked at Jessie and Liam. "We're going to head home, do you guys want a ride?"
"Nah mate, we're going to stay a little longer," Liam answered.
"Suit yourself." Harry laughed as he stood up straight and took my hand in his. "See you guys."
I waved them goodbye. "Nice spending time with you."
"It was great to meet you Anna," Jessie smiled. "I'd love to see you again!"
"Of course," I replied.
"Just the two of us, away from these two idiots," she winked and I laughed.
"Sounds great!" I looked towards Liam, "Goodbye Liam, I'll see you on Monday?"
"Of course," he said as he came to hug me goodbye.

Harry and I left and walked to his car. He opened the door for me and I sleepily thanked him. We made our way to my place and I fought to stay awake to keep company to Harry.

"You can sleep, Anna," Harry softly said.
"No, I'm fine." I protested between two yawns.

Harry chuckled and took my hand in his and ran his thumb against my skin. That simple touch made even sleepier and before I could realize it, I was falling asleep.

.
.
.

GUYS GUYS GUYS! So much is happening oh my god! Let's just start with this story.
So first of all, I AM SO EXCITED for where this is heading and Oh My God some #Harrabelle action !!!! Aaaaaah! Hopefully you guys are as excited as I am :) Also share your thoughts on this chapter.

Second of all, yesterday I hit 12k reads on this story and I freaked out ! I can't believe it!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou you guys are the best and I love you all so much <3 I'm also almost at 1k total votes with Asleep *coughGoReadItcough* and Masterpiece so that's also very exciting. :D

Now... have you guys heard the leaked version of steal my girl? It is absolutely brilliant!!!! I'm in love with it! <3

I think that it's enough for now. I'll leave you with this Question of the day : do you guys prefer 'dark' Harry or 'sweet' Harry?
I might have asked that before... But I personnally prefer sweet dorky Harry :) But I'm working on a dark Harry story right now (that won't be out in a while but I would just like to know if you'd be interested in reading it :P)

Hope you all have a great week!
See you next Sunday
Karry xx.