27. Frowning & Biting

Annabelle's POV

For the rest of the afternoon we stayed in the same spot and didn't say a word. I didn't want to talk, I just wanted to be close to Harry, I wanted him to hold me, nothing more. Thankfully, I didn't have to tell him that, he knew me, he knew that I wanted him to leave me alone. He was starting to understand me better, after going through my large range of emotions, he had started to pick up on some tricks on how to handle me, and I was glad.

The sun began to set and it reminded me of the first time we stayed in a park until sunset. It had been a little over and week, but now things were so different between Harry and I. Feelings were starting to reveal themselves and things were getting better. He knew about Daisy now, he understood why I acted the way I did.

Even if I felt some sort of relief after telling him, the pain and insecurity seemed to come back even stronger. The confidence I felt this morning had vanished and I was anxious again.

I had let him in, completely and he had the power to break me into a million of little pieces. I had barely survived Daisy's death and the departure of my father, and I knew that if Harry was to leave me too, I wouldn't survive it.

I regretted telling him now, I regretted giving him this power over me.

"You're frowning," Harry remarked.

His voice was hoarse from not talking all afternoon. I turned my head towards him and I saw him staring at me concerned.

"It's nothing," I replied before looking in front of me again.

He hummed and ran his nose across my neck, creating goosebumps along the way. He stopped where my neck met my shoulder before biting lightly on my skin.

"Hey," I quickly jerked away from him. "What was that for?"

He lightly laughed. "You are not being honest with me."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Really now?" I asked exasperated and he frowned. "I just told you something that I haven't shared with anyone before and you're mad that I'm not telling you why I was frowning?"

"Anna calm down, I'm just playing with you," he reached for me but I stayed away.

"Well, it's not funny," I crossed my arm over my chest.

I don't know why I was so mad at him, his biting hadn't hurt me, but I was. I felt on edge and angry, at him and myself. The confused feelings were back and I still didn't know how to deal with them.

He looked at me, at a lost for words, his eyes big with the fear that he had ruined something. I couldn't stand seeing him hurt so I closed my eyes and sighed before getting closer to him. I sat between his legs again, but this time I faced him. I ran my hand up and down his arm as they hugged me at the waist.

"I'm sorry," I said as I looked up at him. "I overreacted."

"It's okay," Harry bit his lower lip and shyly smiled at me. "I don't understand you sometimes."

"I don't even understand myself," I admitted.

He chuckled lightly before pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"I still want to be with you though," he said softly.

"And I still don't understand why," I replied with a small smile.

"Because I know that behind all of this pain is a girl worth all the love in the world. I get to see that girl more and more everyday and my feelings for her grown every time."

He offers me a dazzling smile, knowing that he had said just the right thing.

"You're too much," I mumbled before shaking my head and looking down.