42. Dream & Work

Strong arms held me steady. Kisses were left all over my neck and shoulders. I felt at peace. I recognized the arms that held me, the permanent ink decorating them familiar. I didn't need to turn around to know that the person holding me was Harry. I could feel his chest expanding behind me as he breathed in. I inhaled his scent, I got high on it. He was synonym of security, peace... love.

"I love you," I heard him whisper in my ear. "Too much."

I tried to turn my head to look at him but he didn't let me. He continued kissing me all over and I closed my eyes. His touch resonated deep inside of me, his kisses left me burning for him.

"Harry." I said his name in between breaths. My heart ached for him, I never wanted him to let go.

A drift of wind hit us and I opened my eyes. Everything around us was dark, I couldn't see anything. Wind started to blow harder, to a point where it was hard to stand steady. Harry's arm held me in place but it didn't change how the wind was hitting us. It felt as if a storm was coming.

"I got you," Harry told me.

I nodded and closed my eyes again. Hoping that it would all go away but as time went on, the wind got stronger and rain started to fall. I opened my eyes again and suddenly we were in a street. A tornado was forming itself in the distance and I started to panic. I tried to wiggle free of Harry's grip so that we could run and find a safe place. But Harry's arms stayed around my waist, restraining me.

"I got you," he repeated, speaking loudly so that I would hear him.
"We have to leave Harry!" I screamed and pulled at his arm, trying to make him move.
"Don't leave." His voice was low but I heard it anyway.

I glanced ahead and saw the tornado getting closer. I trashed in Harry's arm. Why wasn't he moving? The tornado was destroying everything in it's way. Houses, trees, car... everything was being sucked into the storm.

"Harry!" I shrieked in panic.
"I'll protect you," he reassured me. His voice was calm as if there wasn't a tornado heading straight towards us. "I'll always protect you."

But as the tornado neared us, Harry's grip loosened and I got sucked into the storm.

*

I woke up screaming and thrashing in bed. The feeling of Harry's chest against my back and his arm laying lazily across my chest made me panic and I quickly jumped out of bed, away from him. Sleep still clouded my mind and I immediately fell to the floor as I left the bed.

"Anna!" Harry sat up rapidly and reached for me.
I recoiled as his hand touched my shoulder. "No! Don't touch me!"

My dreams was still fresh in my mind and made it hard to handle Harry's touch. He withdrew his hand and kept his distance while I laid on the floor, curled up. I didn't look up but I knew that Harry was looking at me with worried eyes.

"Anna, baby, it's okay. It was just a dream," his voice was soft.

I shook my head hysterically and started to cry. I wanted to believe him I really did, but something at the back of my mind told me that the dream meant more than I could admit. Still, while my head wanted to fight Harry's touch, my heart ached for him to hold me. So when he reached for me a second time I let him, because I needed the comfort he could bring me.

"It's okay baby. You're okay," he said as he ran a hand through my hair. I kept crying.

Harry carefully took me in his arms and carried me back into bed. He put me down, laid down beside me and pulled up the comforter up to my shoulders. He could feel the tension in me and tried as much as he could to comfort me without touching me too much. I let myself cry, feeling relief as the tears ran down my face.