31. Good boy & French toast

I woke up the next morning, feeling fresh as ever. Last night events seemed far away, as if it had never happened. I doubted everything, Had I imagined everything, did Harry really asked me to officially be his girlfriend and then kissed me?

A heavy arm holding me at the waist proved to me that all of it was actually real. Harry and I had kissed last night. Just the thought of it seemed absurd to me. The possibility of it ever happening was almost non-existent when we first met, it wasn't even a possibility two weeks ago, but it happened and I couldn't be happier.

I barely moved, scared that I would wake the beautiful boy sleeping next to me. He was holding me firmly from behind, his face hidden in my hair. I could feel his slow breaths on the back of my neck and his torso moving against my back. I closed my eyes, cherishing the moment and matched my breathing with his.

I felt at peace, as if everything had fallen into place. We were together and I felt as if I was now unstoppable. He was exactly what I needed and I was forever grateful to have him in my life. The past fear and insecurities weren't there. Well they were there, at the back of my mind, but I didn't let them in, not now. It felt like a perfect moment and I wouldn't let anything ruin it.

Harry loves me and that's all that mattered to me. Could you call what I feel for him love? I don't know. Would I tell him those three words that I know he wants to hear? Probably not. I don't know what loving someone in a romantic way is exactly, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's what I feel for Harry. But I was still scared scared and felt like I had given him everything that I could and desperately hoped that he wouldn't ask for more.

Harry mumbled incomprehensible words into my hair and I smiled, my worries were now pushed at the back of my mind. Somewhere between my meltdown and now, I had come to the realisation that there was no such things as complete happiness, I wasn't completely happy, there were still things that worried me, but I now understand that I have to focus on the positive, rather than the negative. With this green eyed boy laying next to me, it seemed to be a lot easier.

I wanted to turn around and look at him so badly. He had filled my dreams all night and yet, it hadn't been enough. The green of his eyes weren't the same in my dreams, his smell wasn't the same, it was like I couldn't picture him in all his beauty.

After fighting the urge to turn around for what felt like an eternity, but was probably only five minutes, I slowly tried to turn around and looked at him. The moment I made the slightest movement, Harry's grip on my hips tightened and he pulled me closer to him. He grunted and I waited for him to calm down before trying to turn around again.

"No," he lowly grumbled and I stopped turning.

I stayed still, waiting to see if he was going to say something else, but he didn't so I tried turning again for the third time. He took in a deep breath and hummed as I positioned myself in front of him. He moved a little, letting me adjust to him. I looked at him for a moment, observing his feature. The way his eyelashes fanned over his cheeks, the shape of his lips... My eyes stayed longer on his lips, remembering the way they felt against mine.

"Are you awake?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper.

Harry exhaled before slowly opening one eye then closing it.

"Maybe," he replied, his voice hoarse.

"I can let you sleep some more," I told him before getting closer to him and hiding my face in his neck.

He took in a deep breath and ran a lazy hand across my back. "What time is it?"

"I don't know," I said, earning a deep chuckle from Harry.