ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ

Five years ago

Five years ago...

"I would like to give a special award to a student."The Principal announced. Everyone goes dead silent as we've been all waiting who would be the top student of the middle school.

"Give a round of applause to.." he stopped for dramatic affect. All of the auditorium anxiously waiting. "Heaven Carter!"

The whole school erupts with cheers.

"That's my sister!" Romero yelled across the room smiling at me.

"Heaven would you please come up." The principle said, through the mic.

Smiling I walked to the stage. With students still cheering me on.

"That's my bestie!" Kim yelled from the crowd.

"Go Hevs!" Laura screams. The two giving me wide smiles.

"For your outstanding academic achievements and your outstanding behavior, I would like to have your name on the 'Great Wall'."

The Great Wall was a wall filled with names of students, top of there class with only the top student of the school gets put on every four years.

"We would also like to give you this trophy," he hands me a large golden trophy. I scan the cheering crowd my eyes land on Caden Jensen. He's been trying to be top all year since seventh grade.

He looks down at the floor, frowning, he looks sad?

I smile at the flashing camera in front of me as it's obviously going to be in the yearbook.

Present

I look down at my buzzing phone, Kim calling me.

"Hey Kimberly, I'm on my way." I spoke out loud. My phone connected to the car.

"Good! Laura's already here, we're just waiting for you." She spoke loudly over the music.

"Okay see you." I hung up.

I look through the busy streets of Long Beach, California. I instantly sign as I pass by the park I spent a lot of my childhood time. Remembering the times Romero, Hudson and I used to sprint to the ice cream truck.

Hudson.

The last time I have thought about him was since the accident.

My first loss. Than my second loss. One that's happened years ago. Another one that happened only-

A month ago?

Have I done something? What did I do to end up like this?

Like fucking really. I bang my hand on the seat in frustration, letting out a broken laugh. It's really not fair. I fist my hands together trying to keep myself together. Not trying to scream at a damn red light.