ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ

I yawned while flipping the last pancake

I yawned while flipping the last pancake. I hesitantly turned around hearing loud footsteps approaching. Heaven rubbing her eyelids in exhaustion. She looked up at me than back away signing.

"Well... thank you," she throws her hands up confusingly. She frowns looking down at my clothes. Running a hand threw her long brown hair.

"Yeah," I drag. "Well," I turn back around setting up a plate for her. "I knew you probably would have a killer hang over when you woke up so..." I said awkwardly. "I made some food for us."

"I'm not hungry," she shakes her head in disapproval.

"Good thing I didn't ask," I pick up her plate. "Your going to eat." I point to the long black dinning table. Heaven rolls her eyes before hesitantly sitting down. After awhile of complete silence, Heaven speaks.

"You know how to cook?" She raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"Yeah, my nana taught me at an early age." I smile slightly.

"Well she is an awesome teacher,"

"Are you saying I'm a good cook?" I tease. Knowing I'm a phenomenal cook. She narrows her eyes at my comment. "Nana always taught me the importance of cooking. Wanting me too cook for a family of my own one day."

In all honesty, I'm not looking for a girlfriend, I'm not even sure if I even wanted to settle down one day. Maybe deep down I want to have children so I can treat them the way I always wanted to be treated by my own parents. But I know I'm way too young and still have so much to accomplish.

Heaven didn't respond as she just softly smiling at me. "And you were out alone outside because..." I trailed off.

"Got kicked out of a bar," she took her finished plate, walking over to the sink.

"Well isn't that exciting," I said sarcastically. She places her plate inside the dishwasher. Signing looking back at me. I stuck out my phone to her. Heaven glances between me and my phone. "Put your number inside." I roll my eyes dramatically when she didn't get what I was meaning the first time i stucked out my phone.

"If you wanted my number so bad you could've just asked nicely," she smirked cockily. Taking the phone out of my hands.

"It's not that serious Carter. Next time you go out and end up kidnapped, people are going to think it's me." I said. Heaven hands me back my phone. I look down and narrow my eyes at the screen.

Heaven💗

I shove my phone back into my pocket. Not changing the contact name. "Well I'm going to get going," she pursed her lips. "Thank you for letting me crash," she mumbles awkwardly.

"Let me get you some clothes to change into," I get up from my seat about to walk to my room.

"It's fine. I can just change into my clothes from last night." She assured. "And I don't want to take your own clothes from you."

"Heaven," I deadpan. "I'm rich I can buy a ton of more clothes if I wanted too." I walk to my room which was far away from the kitchen. Even though I lived with Joseph and Mia for seven years. I still have the same mindset Nana made sure to set at a young age. So of course being the gentleman I am I offered her my clothes to change into.

I walked back into the kitchen. Heaven looking up when I returned. I hand her my pair of clothes. Heaven quickly muttered a thank you and went to change.

She came out a few minutes later with my clothes and a effortless braid falling over her shoulder. Holding her clothes from last night and my clothes she wore to bed in her arms. She shyly hands me back my clothes.

Coming back from putting my clothes away. Heaven was walking out the door to leave. I paced over to her.

"What are you doing?" I asks as I stop in front of her. She looks at me confusingly.

"I'm leaving." She furrows her eyebrows pointing to the elevator I have inside my penthouse. I sign dramatically.

"No shit Carter," I roll my eyes. Her eyes instantly narrowing at my comment. "I'm taking you home." She cringes at my last word. I look at her in confusion.

"It's alright." She declines. She steps to the side trying to exit yet I copy her action. Again standing right in front of her.

"No." I refuse. "I'm taking you to your house." I change up the last word knowing she got weirded out when I said home.

"Well than let's get going Jensen." She rushed. I went to my key hangers or whatever they call it and picked out my black Mercedes. We walk into the elevator. Waiting to arrive on the first floor.

"You live alone?" She ask breaking the oddly comfortable silence.

"Yeah," I answered shortly. But kept going since I didn't want to seem dry or boring cause let's face it Caden Jensen was anything but boring. Now that I think about what I just thought that kind of sounded cringy. "I moved here three weeks ago."

"Surprised it isn't trashed." She muttered bluntly. "You don't necessarily peg me as the neat type." She states. I raised my eyebrows at her comment.

"What exactly do I peg you for Carter?" I smirked.

"Don't really know." She shrugged. "But I wasn't expecting Caden Jensens home to be so organized."

"I wouldn't say I'm super uptight with my home. I just feel more relaxed if my whole home was fresh." I furrow my eyebrows not sure if that made any sense. "Of course my home isn't going to be neat all the time. I just like my home clean." I glance at her. "You feel me?"

"Yeah I get what your trying to say." She nods in understanding. I look at her skeptically.

"So what have you been up too?" I asks. Trying to find a way to say where have you been for the last month.

"Just trying to figure everything out." She answers cooly. I must admit this girl really knows how to avoid a question.

I've notice as we drive to her house. She keeps bouncing her leg anxiously. I place my hand on her knee. Not to sound insensitive or anything but it was starting to annoy me.

She has me drop her off in-front of the gates that secured the huge white mansion. Heaven quickly entered a code, as the gates slowly started to open. I wait for her to walk inside her house to leave. I wonder why she seemed so hesitant to go into her own house.

Romero's death doesn't seem like the only issues she's having.