ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ

I drowsily played the piano

I drowsily played the piano. Blinking rapidly trying to reduce my tiredness. I probably should be asleep by now but I just can't. I'm to drunk to sleep and I'm to tired to keep my eyes open. Stumbling slightly as I stand up from the piano chair.

I need some air. Instead of walking towards the enormous balcony I went to the first floor, exiting the luxurious building.

I lean against a random building wall. Gazing slowly at the busy streets of California. I pat my pocket making sure I brought my cigarette and lighter. Signing in relief when I take it out. Blowing out a long drag, I chuckle slightly when I notice the sign in front of me. 'No smoking'.

I look up at the midnight air. Slightly stumbling, to tipsy to stand up straight. I'm not a lit weight, far from it actually. Maybe not tipsy but not crazy drunk either.

"Excuse me," a deep voice interrupted my random thoughts. Still looking up at the sky not caring enough to bother looking at the person who is trying to talk to me. "Excuse me," he said louder like I didn't hear him the first time. Instead of answering I close my eyes calmly, Humming a soft tune. "Excuse me!" I looked towards the voice in annoyance. I internally groan when I notice his police uniform. I give him a look saying 'the fuck do you want'. He look at my for a minute. "There's a very strict policy on not smoking near this area."

That's it? Seriously this dude needs to find a fucking hobby. There's millions of other things he can be doing, instead he's talking to me about stupid policies? What a fucked up system we have now.

Not answering him. I looked him dead in the eyes, blowing out smoke towards his direction. He visibly gulps trying to hide his cough that's threatening to erupt. He glares harshly at me, marching up to me, now in my face.

"Get the fuck out of my face," I grit. "Cop," I drag out mockingly. He looks at me annoyingly, grabbing something from his belt, flashing a bright light pointing it towards my eyes.

"Your under arrest," what did I even fucking do? "For drunk in public and harassing a cop." He elaborates. He quickly pins me against the building I was leaning against. I hear a rattling sound, I feel a cold object wrapped around my wrist.

"Drunk in public?" I exclaim. "I wasn't even bothering anyone!" I defend. He grips my neck shoving me into the police car. "I didn't do shit!" He slams the door, opening the driver seat.

That is fucking crazy. Arresting me? Arresting me? I'm getting arrested for fucking smoking. Does he really have nothing better to do. He had the nerve to say I was harassing him.

"How the fuck was I even harassing you officer?" I think out loud again. He remain quiet, keeping his eyes on the road. Fucking knew I should've just made a run for it. For the rest of this awful ride I just glared at the dumb cop the whole time.

The car door burst up, the officer harshly gripping my arm. Guiding me toward the doubled doors, I shove his arm off me even though I'm still in these useless handcuffs.

"I can walk by myself!" I snap, glaring harshly at him, which he gracefully returned back. He shoves me inside the bland building. I scoff under my breath by this whole situation. This is so extra. I examine the station boringly until my gaze land on Heaven?

She looks at me curiously as I inspect her the same way. Why is she here? I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when I see she doesn't have hand cuffs. I slowly approach her, the officer following behind me like a lost puppy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. She glances at the officer behind me, resting her gaze back on me.

"Could say the same thing about you." She answers after a moment. "Didn't peg you for the jail type." She points out.

"Didn't peg you for the type to spend all your time hanging around a boring station." I retreat back. The officer shoving my shoulder at my words.

"Guess you don't know anything after all." She tilts her head mockingly. "Who would have known?" She raises her eyebrows. Her soft brown hair falling out of her bun. Even though I'm in handcuffs I have this urge to tuck it in.

Get it together Caden! She literally just insulted you right now.

"Well- uh." The officer grips my arm once again. "This was a little interesting to go down but-" he stops for a second before continuing again. "Whatever." He sign in frustration. Leading me towards a dim room.

He basically wasted my whole night lecturing me about everything I did wrong. Telling me I have to pay a five thousand bail to get my ass out or I'm ending up in a small jail cell. At least they let me have a phone call so as I was in the middle of talking with my lawyer, the one my nana used to have. As I was discussing my information with her an officer came in and interrupted my call.

"Mr Jensen?" An officer announced walking into the room. What does this dude really have to say now? I hung up the phone slowly just to annoy the officer more. As I turned around he was glaring at me with impatience.

"Yes officer?" I say smugly, enjoying pissing him off. He dramatically rolls his eyes, glaring harshly at the floor.

"Your bail has been payed." He said. "Your free to go." He open the door wide, leaving the room. What the fuck? I walked towards a random officer near by. She looks at me indicating me to talk.

"Who paid my bill?" I ask quickly. She shuffled around with the papers on her desk, scanning over a paper, she looks back at me.

"The person strictly wanted to pay the bail anonymously ." She answered going back to work. I look at the floor for a moment speaking up again.

"I'll give you thousand bucks right now if you tell me who did it." I offer dramatically. Wanting it to sound like a once in a life time deal. She instantly perks up at my words a little hesitate.

"Heaven Carter," she answered. I slightly gaped, she paid off my bail.

"Thank you officer." I said. "I will send it to you right now." I announce while leaving the station.