ᴍᴀʟɪʙᴜ

"Hey?" I tap Heaven's shoulder

"Hey?" I tap Heaven's shoulder. "Are you okay? You kind of spaced out." We're laying on my living room floor reading our science books. She shakes head head snapping out of her trance.

"Sorry I was just thinking of something my dad told me yesterday." I nod my head in understanding, after she went to get the projector she seemed out of it the rest of the night that we didn't get the chance to study.

"Oh okay." I place my pencil and book down on the floor. "If you want we can talk about it?" Like always I give her my undivided attention. She stares at the wall behind me.

"Do you know how I met Mikey?" I shake my head. "I was at the park and I seen a man attempting to abduct him." My eyebrows rose in shock because I was not expecting to hear that. "I ripped him off of Mikey and held him down til the cops arrived. After the cops came and took him in I stood with Mikey and turns out his mom abandoned him at the park." She ticks her tongue. "And at the time my mental health was not the best so I guess I thought that if I couldn't save Hudson back than I could save him."

"I think that you blame past events on why you do good decisions today." I spoke, Heaven glances at me in confusion. "When in reality your just a good person and make good decisions because it's the right thing to do not because of what you didn't do in the past."

"I'm still getting used to it I guess." She looks down with a frown. "I was just so used to getting blamed for everything that happened." She refers to her mom.

"I understand, I really do." I nod. "You don't need to explain anything to me I know it's not easy for you to talk about these things."

"Thank you." She clasped her hands together. "Dad told me that maybe the reason why I've been getting close to Mikey is because he reminds me of Romero."

"Does he?" I ask hesitantly.

"That's the thing." She looks at me. "He does." Her eyes brimming with tears. "And I really really don't want him to remind me of him." She sighs. "I don't mean any harm by it Cay, I don't. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to replace Romero."

"I get what your saying. You don't want to pretend Mikey is someone he isn't." She nods like that was exactly what she was trying to say.

"Exactly. I don't want to replace Romero because he can never be replaced but Mikey reminds me of him an it hurts Cay." Her voice cracked. "And I don't want to hold this big weight on my shoulder every time I'm with Mikey."

"Come on." I stand up, offering my hand down towards her she glances at me than at my hand looking at me confusingly. "We're going on a little road trip." Hesitantly she takes my hand as I pull her up.

"Okay?" She drags out with a small chuckle. We walk out of my building walking through the street until we reach the train station.

I look at the nearest train coming right now, Malibu. We go over to the ticket stan as I buy our tickets. Heaven looks at me like I'm fucking crazy.