ꜱᴏʙʙɪɴɢ

Alvaro Carter, drove slowly through the gates of his house. Missing his wife and daughter, informing his client that he must go home and will reschedule the meeting for another time.

He sighs happily right before he opens the giant doors. Not knowing the terrifying scene that's occurring inside his house.

"Honey!" He calls out excitedly waiting to see his two girls. Alvaro looks around the marble house, curiously wondering where his wife and daughter were. Oh how he should've started looking for the two sooner.

He quickly runs to the kitchen with fear spreading all over his mind as he heard a loud gunshot ring through the huge mansion. I can't loose them too. He thought as he burst through the kitchen doors.

The scene in front of him leaving the father absolutely speech less. Alvaros eyes watering as he lets out a choking sob, escape his lips.

His daughter laying in a pool of her own blood. Heaven not even acknowledging her father as she's now looking at her stomach the bullet that went through her soft skin.

Alvaro runs to her daughter not even noticing his wife standing with a gun in her hands. Not even feeling the slightest bit of remorse for her daughter, not even a tad bit regretful and that is what hurt Heaven Carter the most. Not the bullet that went straight through her skin. No. It was the fact that she knew her mother didn't feel an ounce of regret.

"Heaven," Alvaro whispered holding his daughter who was covered in blood. Heaven averted her eyes when she heard the comforting voice of her father.

"D-da-dad?" The seventeen year old stuttered as she looks into her dads similar emerald eyes. He quickly shushed her and told her everything was going to be okay. He quickly took out his phone from his suit pocket he always wore for work. But as he was informing the police. Alvaro finally looked up at his wife who was standing there staring at her injured daughter her eyes that looked almost black for the hatred she had towards her. That is what surprised and scared the husband.

"Beatrice?" He whispered to his wife. He felt like his heart stopped when he noticed the gun in the woman's hand. He looked backed out his wounded daughter who was struggling to keep her eyes open.

Maybe I'll meet Romero again. She thought, squinting at the light that's now way to bright for her eyes to keep open. Heaven always knew she was still in the process of mourning the death of her little brother. But now she knew his death isn't the only thing she need to be mourning over. She felt like the bullet didn't go through her stomach but felt like it went through her heart.

She tried. She knew she tried. She tried not letting her mothers cruel words get to her. She tried sticking up for herself when her mom would beat her until she passed out. She tried being the perfect daughter. She tried making her mother happy. She tried helping out the community. She tried being a good friend. She tried ignoring the pain in her chest when her brother died. She tried ignoring the stinging pain when her mom would slap her. She tried being a good captain for her tennis team. She tried being a good student. Heaven tried oh she really did.

But there's so much pain a girl can take.

She knew she was reaching her breaking point. She never knew all it took was her mother shooting her. Her dear mother, she was supposed to protect her and lead her down the path to accomplish a great life, not take it away from her.

But Heaven didn't want to break, she just wanted to die. She thought she had so much to live for. But what actually does she have to live for? Her brother which was her best friend is dead. Her mother blaming his death on the poor teenage girl. Her cousin, she doesn't even know where he is at as the police closed his case along time ago. Her mother blaming his disappearance on her own daughter. Her dad always away for business. Even her own mother didn't want her, so she shot her in hopes for killing her own son.

"Alvaro," Beatrice said coldly. Looking deep into her husband's red crying eyes. Alvaro knew there's no way in fixing her. And he wouldn't even let her if she could. For he felt a bullet go through him like his daughter, sharing the same pain his daughter is going through right now.

His thoughts are every where right now. With his daughter in his arms as she bleeds with her blood covering his suit now. Not that he's even paying any mind toward his clothes. His wife holding a gun in her hand, staring down at the two like they have grown three heads.

"Don't close your Heaven," Alvaro states looking down at his daughter. Her eyes now shutting at the more blood gushing out of her mouth.

"Back away!" The paramedics yell as they burst through the doors. With police officers tackling down Beatrice who immediately dropped the gun.

Alvaro frozen in his spot ignoring the police sirens, the yelling paramedics and officers. Just staring at his daughter that is now being carried inside the paramedic van.

He feels like the worst person ever. He's supposed to protect his daughter with his life. He feels like a failure he didn't protect his son, and now his daughter. And on top of everything this happened all under his nose. Alvaro feels like the most useless person ever.

"Sir," A officer softly shakes the frozen father. "Sir," the man repeats himself again. Snapping out of his thoughts looking down at the man. "She's at the Milton hospital."

Alvaro flashing back to all the events that happened under thirty minutes, he's running into his Cadillac and driving way over the speed limit to the hospital.

"Where's my daughter!" He yells at the lady she snaps her head to the yelling man in fear. "Where is she!" He repeats even louder. The frighten woman quickly points to the direction she seen the girl roll in from. The father runs to the direction entering the direction that's forbidden for anyone else than the doctors and patients.

"Sir!" A man yells. Trying to have the worried father out of the room. "Sir you have to leave!" The security guard repeats himself.

"My d-daugh-my daughter is inside!" Alvaro stutters. "I need to be with my daughter!" He cries. This whole situation bringing back memories from almost two months ago.

"You can't!" The security stated pityful. "The doctors have to do there job,"

"No!" The father yells. "She's dying I saw her!" He shakes his head. "I have to be there for her!" He runs a hands over his brunette locks.

"I'm sorry sir but you cannot be in there!" The security walks away giving Alvaro the space he needs. If Alvaro felt useless than he definitely felt useless now.

He covered his face with his arms leaning his face on the wall letting out a loud sob. No one dared to watch the crying father.

Alvaro Carter spent three weeks every single day staying with his daughter. Silently praying as he holds her cold hands.