ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

I walk into the building the lady informed me to go when I turn eighteen

I walk into the building the lady informed me to go when I turn eighteen. Today was my eighteenth birthday. Going here was the first thing on my mind this morning.

Sitting inside a wide office waiting for the lady to meet with me. "Hello Mr Jensen," the lady greets entering the room. The whole meeting we discuss Nanas assets, from the cars to houses and the big money portion she left me. Nana was born into a super wealthy family making much sense why she has a lot of valuable things still left untouched.

"Your grandmother's stuff has not been touched since her death. So please don't be surprised when you see the familiar things." She explains looking over the files making sure she hasn't left out a single detail. "The money she left you already has been transferred to your account."

Driving not even having a destination in mind. I thought when I turned eighteen I would feel free but it just infuriates me more that I still feel stuck. Why am I stuck? Why can't I just be free? I feel like there's just this heavy weight on my shoulder. I still can't figure out how to lift that heavy weight.

Snapping out of my thoughts when I hear my phone buzzing from my pocket. Hesitantly answering the phone.

"Where are you man?" Matt ask. I sit in silence trying to figure out what he's referring too. "You missed first period?" He trails off.

"I- uh- I'm on my way." I stutter. School being the last thing on my mind right now. Looking at my back seat signing in relief when I see my extra school uniform I still have back there.

"Okay the group in waiting for you," he said. Saying our goodbyes, as I driving to school.

"Caden!" Someone calls me as I walk through the hallways. Arriving at school. "Caden wait!" Josie stops in front of me.

"What!" I groan in annoyance. While Heaven has been first place for top student of Montgomery Private, I being second, well Josie is third.

"I have a plan!" She exclaims trying to hold my interest on her. Which I'm lacking right now being instantly bored by her presence. "I have a plan for you to be first place and I can be second!" Did I forget to mention she has this whole jealousy issue with Heaven. "We can get her expelled."

"No." I roll my eyes attempting to walk away but she continues to block my path. "Can you like move?" I step to the right just to have her do the same.

"Think about it Caden! If we get her expelled than we won't have any competition which would automatically boost up our spot." She explains.

"You see the thing is Josie." I tower over her. "I quite love a good competition." I reason. "And if she isn't there, there's simply no competition."

"You don't even like her! Why do you want her here?" She shakes her head.

"Because I like having someone to compete with," i shrug.

"She's such a show off! She probably only got the number one spot because of her parents. Collages are only picking her for her last name! She's such a lunatic! I bet she has contacts!" She throws her hands up dramatically. "I mean no one can have those colored eyes! She's not even-" I cut her off.

I slowly press her against the lockers in the empty hallway with classes now in session. "Josie, you think I can compete with you," I slowly look her up and down. "It wouldn't even be a competition. I would beat you in a blink of an eye." I put my arms on either side of the locker trapping her in. "You think your better than her?" I furrow my eyebrows in disgust. "Aren't you a hardcore feminist?" I raise my eyebrows. "You should be uplifting girls not putting them down." I slowly back away. "And if your not going to say it to Heavens face than don't say it to mine." I walk away. "Because we all know she would beat your ass if she heard you talking shit about her." I rounded the hall corner.

What a fucking hypocrite. Josie is all for up lifting woman but she brings other woman down when there doing better than her. And what infuriates me more is the rude shit she was saying about Heaven. Josie knows dam well she could never say those stuff to Heavens face because she would probably kick her fucking ass if she did.

Heaven. I can't help but wonder were she is. I haven't seen in over two weeks. I should probably asks Kim or Laura for her number. Speaking of them I see them at there locker.

"Hi," I awkwardly walk up to them. Never really having a conversation with them alone. They turn towards me looking at me suspiciously, probably wondering what I want. "Can I have Heavens number?"

"Heaven?" Laura asks. She looks at Kim. Than back at me. "Have you seen her?" She asks, I raise my eyebrows.

"No? Why do you ask?" I look at the curiously. They look between each other debating on if they should tell me. Kim signs, looking back at me.

"We haven't heard from her since we were at Will's house," Kim informs.

"We stopped by her house and no one was home. She isn't even answering her calls. It's like she disappeared." Laura rubs her temples in exhaustion.

"Maybe she's dodging you guys or something," I trail off trying to make up an excuse. Yet the two girls just send me a sharp glare. "Can I have her number?" I smile desperately. After some heated persuasion I gave them. They finally handed me her number.

Are you okay? Everyone's worried.
I texted.

Throughout the day I kept looking at my phone hoping to see if she opened my text. Yet it just left on delivered. Quickly I went home packing all my things ready to leave this miserable place. Setting all my luggage in my Mercedes I go back inside checking if I left anything knowing as this we'll be the last time I ever step foot in this house.

"Where do you think your going?" Dad asks standing right in front of the door. My heart picking up tremendously. "Answer!" He yelled when I stayed silent.

"I'm leaving," I muttered trying to walk pass him. But he grabs a strong hold on my wrist.

"And who said that!" He shoved me towards the ground.

"I'm eighteen I'm allowed to leave!" I push myself up. Dad kicks me back down.

"I'm your parent! And when I say you leave you can leave!" He kicks me in the jaw.

"You can't tell me what to do!" I shout. Earning me a hard punch.

"I am your father! You will obey me!" He yells grabbing me by my collar shoving me towards the glass wall.

"You aren't my father!" I snap. Pushing him away from me, I see Joseph stumbling away at the strong force I used. "You and Mia aren't!"

"You think your so tough huh?" He chucked stalking his way over to me. "Who do you think taught you how to throw a punch! Huh!" He yells. Throwing a punch in my direction. I quickly grab his fist, twisting it so it's behind him.

"Then you know what I'm capable of." I throw him to the ground. "Don't fuck with me Joseph! I will kick your ass and you know it!" I punch him one last time before slamming the door shut.

Driving away to one of the penthouse I bought right after I signed the contract earlier this morning.

Well Happy eighteenth birthday to me I guess.