ᴛᴇᴀᴍ

I walk into school, everyone turned their heads at the sounds of my heels clicking the shiny floor, not even bothering hiding there surprised face expression

I walk into school, everyone turned their heads at the sounds of my heels clicking the shiny floor, not even bothering hiding there surprised face expression. The last time I was at school was after a month from the incident. Since than I haven't been here. My eyes are covered with sunglasses trying to ignore my everyday headache I have from waking up from my hangover.

My friends have texted me asking about my being, all I just tell them is that I'm out of town with dad again. Which if I'm being honestly sound like Heaven. And no I'm not talking about myself.

"What's up with the sunglasses?" Caden ask as he approaches me. I slowly trail my eyes downwards, taking in how fitted he was in his school uniform. Thank god, he can't see me checking him out underneath these glasses.

"Tired." I answer. Trying to seem causal as possible so he doesn't notice my lie. Not knowing if he'll judge me if he finds out I'm hung over once again.

"You know what I still find funny?" He laughs yet theirs not emotion behind it. I look at him indicating for him to go on. He looks at me deadpan, snatching the glasses away from my face. "That you think I believe you lies."

He looks away when he notices my state, pulling me to a corner, that's not very visible. Even though everyone seen us going in that direction.

"Are you hung over?" He ask softly.

"I'm fine." I mutter, trying to get my sun glasses back on, so no teachers can report to my dad. Caden only puts it behind his back.

"No." He shakes his head. "Your not." He said. "Want to leave?"

"No." I say. "You have football tryouts, so that's what your going to do." I inform. His expression doesn't change from concern. "I only had a little bit to drink last night." I reassure. He looks at me for a moment then signs, knowing I was lying.

"I don't know if this means anything but," he looks at his shoes shyly. Before looking back at me, a soft smile resting on his lips. "I care for you." He bites the inside of his cheek nervously. Now it was my turn to look shyly at my heels. I know he cares for me but it's different when he actually says it, than shows it because I know he deeply does cares for me.

"That's really nice Cay." I bite my lips trying to hide my blush by looking down. "I appreciate your concerns," I look up at him trying to tell him I'm serious. "I-" I trail off nervously. "Care for you too."

"Thank you." He said softly, fiddling with the silver rings on his fingers. "Here." He hands me back my trendy French sunglasses. "Let's go to class." He gently holds my wrist. Both of us walking out of the hidden spot.

"Heaven!" I hear loud squeals rushing towards me. I get taken back when I almost fall to the floor. "Oh my god! I miss you!" Laura shouts, teary eyed.

"Where have you been? We missed you so much!" Kim gushes as they both pull me into a bear hug. "I love you so much it hurts!"

"Missed you guys too." I smile warmly at them. When they finally pull back, all of us slightly panting from the hug.

"Where the hell have you been H!" Scott, Matt, Will, and Jake, stand from behind them. They all pace towards me, dabbing me individually.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in years Carter." Jake said.

"Yeah I've been busy." I quickly state.

"It's been a bore without you Hevs!" Will exclaims, rolling his eyes when he noticed everyone staring at us.

"For real, we had to go back to pranking the staff now." Matt said amusingly.

"I bet they loved that Matt." I said sarcastically.

"Oh! Ms Rallied loved when I glued all of her papers to her desk." He jokes.

"And thank god for that! Or we would have done a test!" Scott signed in relief. "Yeah but that basically sums everything up."

"Don't forget when we locked her in the classroom for the rest of the school day." Will reminds.

"Oh yeah." Matt drags out. "Now that was the best one we did."

Well it looks like noting really changed.

"What's the worst that can happened?" I ask Caden as we stand inside the football stadium, I was wondering when Caden's nerves were going to arrive.

"I don't make the team, and leave with an damaged ego and my pride no where to be found." He exaggerates.

"And if you do make it Cay." I say. "Your on the football team and that will make every girl flaunt over you even more than they do." I hype up.

"Yeah!" He nods his head. "Yeah!" He runs a hand through his soft brown fluffy hair. Yup, he has that kind of hair. "I got this!" He smiles nervously. "They would be crazy not to have me on the team." He looks at me pleadingly. "Right?"

"Right!" I exclaim. "Totally crazy if your not on the team." I point to him. "Because your going to be the fucking star of that team! And your going to own that team!" I tell.

"Okay." He smiles down at me confidently.

"Now." I clap my hands. "Get out their and show them the best play they ever seen!" I point to where players are now starting to form.

"Thank you so much Aven for the awesome pep talk." He excitedly brings me into a hug.

"Go now!" We laugh as he jogs to them. He gives me a thumbs up when he reaches them. Why was that kind of cute though? Ew that's embarrassing to think.

To say Caden was fantastic would be an understatement. I'm not even fucking lying, Caden smashed the tryouts. I'm one hundred precent sure, he will make it. The coach calls him over when the try out finish. Caden's face lightens up at the coaches words, he snaps his head over to where I'm standing. Running towards me, he grabbed both of my hands happily.

"I made the team!"