ᴡɪɴᴅ

"You know what Caden?" She looks at me as we both sit on the blanket I put over the sand

"You know what Caden?" She looks at me as we both sit on the blanket I put over the sand. No one is really here since it's winter season.

"Yeah?" I ask looking at the light ocean waves.

"This is kind of a vibe." She signs. "I mean the weather, the scenery." She lays on her stomach. We stood quiet of a while.

"Why would you lie about something like that Heaven?" I ask finally. She looks at me for a second, looking back at the cloudy sky.

"We all have shit and we all have a way of dealing with it and I don't like telling people the things I'm dealing with." I nod not really having anything to say back since I do the exact same.

"Are you fine?" I ask genuinely.

"I'm fine." She said quietly inspecting her nails like she wants to transport anywhere else but here.

"No your not." I shake my head. "Don't lie, I know your not." I lay back. "Dead ass though, what's up?"

"I'm fine, I just cry myself to sleep every night." She admits like it's the most casual thing ever. I lean up on my elbows just to look at her like shes fucking crazy. "Stop looking at me like I'm weird Jensen." She mutters.

"I mean do you not hear yourself?" I try to brighten up this conversation even though I did bring it up. She looks at me with a deadpan expression. "Whats going inside that brain of yours Carter?" I joke, knocking on her head. She gives me a hard glare which I only respond by ruffling her hair.

"Your messing up my hair Jensen." She groans, pushing my hand away.

"Nah but for real, what's going on with you?"

"What's going on with you?" She ask looking at me with a knowing looks.

"No, no, no." I shake my head. "Don't turn this about me. I was talking about you Carter." I point out. "Look I'm not going to force you to talk about something, you don't want to talk about." I reassure. "I'm just asking if your okay." I said. "And I want you to be truthful."

She watches the ocean waves as the wind starts to pick up, ruffling her hair. She looks so beautiful just staring at the horizon. Heaven Carter with out a doubt is so fucking gorgeous. I can't help but stare at her, how her green eyes is capturing everything around her. Like feeling my stare she turns to me.

"What?" She ask. But the wind starts to pick up even more this time. Her hair almost turning into a knotty mess. She touches her hair trying to tame it. She looks up at me catching my eyes as she lets out a laugh trying to not get her hair everywhere.

My lips twitch watching how her hair is going different ways. She looks at me than shyly turns away.

"Let me help you out." I offer smiling slightly.

"Uh..." she trails off. "Okay." I shuffle towards her, sitting behind her. I gather all of her soft hair splitting it into three sections. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"A braid." I answer, concentrating on every movement I make.

"You know how to braid?"she ask her tone full of surprise.

"Yeah. Nana showed me how to braid when I was like seven." I said. "You have pretty hair." I admit. Fucking Caden, why would you say that. Now she will think your a weirdo.

"Was that a compliment Jensen?" She teases.

"I complimented your hair not you." I try to come up with an excuse.

"Well my hair is apart of me, so you did compliment me." She laughs. I'm really not trying to be cliche but that was the beautifulest laugh I've ever even heard. Again I'm not trying to sound cringy.

"Of course you would find something to connect with a compliment." I smirk.

"It is though! What are you talking about?" She exclaims. "Let you be the one who won't admit when they give someone a compliment."

"And let you be the one who keeps begging me to give you a compliment." I joke.

"Begging?" She scoffs. "Never in my dreams."

"You dream about me?" I said cheekily.

"In my nightmares." She mumbled.

"Well aren't you just delightful!" I said sarcastically. Patting her hair when I finished the braid. "And there you have it the best braid Heaven has ever had."

"Let's see your braiding skills Jensen." She pulls out her phone from her back pocket opening her camera. She examines it slowly and persistently. "Well Caden." She signs dramatically. "Your Nana taught you well."

"Was that a compliment Carter?" I repeat her words back to her.

"I was complementing your Nanas awesome skills not yours." She came out with an excuse.

"And she passes it down to me so thank you for the compliment." I retreat.

"Okay whatever I'm getting de ju vu from this whole conversation." She rubbed her head.

"Your house is very festive for the holidays." I comment, glancing at her.

"Yeah the cleaners wanted it to be more festive." She said.

"Yeah your dad mentioned that." I remind.

"Wait what?" She chuckled lightly. "You talked to dad?" She raise her eyes in surprise.

"Why so surprise?" I laugh.

"No it's not like that or anything I'm just a little surprised." She reassured.

"You scared I tell him about your poor behavior in school." I tease.

"Poor behavior?" She repeats. "I don't know about that Jensen and you can ask any one their, you should know." She smirks.

"I don't Hevs." I sign dramatically. "You do act up a bit." All she does is roll her eyes teasingly. "And you never answered my question." I playfully shoved my shoulder against hers. "How are you?"

"I-"and before she can say anything more I cut off.

"And I only take truthful answers." I cover my ears.

"How about this." She offers. "Secret for secret?" I look at her for a moment.

"Secret for secret."