ᴏᴘᴘᴏꜱɪᴛᴇꜱ

7 years ago

7 years ago...

Sitting in the living room waiting for mother and father. They informed me to wait for them here. Looking around when I start to hear shuffling coming close.

Mom and dad walk inside the dark room with there usual scowls expression. Dad glances at me before rolling his eyes looking at his watch, lightly tapping his foot in a hurry.

Have I done something wrong?

"Caden," I snap my head up to a glaring father. "It's your first day of junior high, I will not have you put the Jensen name to shame."

"You will be top of your class, excellent in each and every course you ever took," Mom said sternly. "After school today we hired a trainer to teach you to play tennis,"

"Do you understand these rules." Dad said as they both harshly glare at me.

"I understand."

Present

Sitting in the back of the class in AP Calculus. The teacher explaining what to do for the worksheet. Suddenly the teacher asks a question, no one answering. She threatens to pick a random person.

"Miss Carter!" She picks.

"Y Eighteen," Heaven answers not bothering to look up as she continues to doodle in her notebook. The teacher lets out a huff returning back to her lesson.

Rushing out of the dreadful class soon as the bell rang. Students now crowding the hallways. Opening my locker pulling out the necessities for my next class. Hearing someone leaning against the locker next to mine.

"What are you doing later?" Scott asks. Glancing at me for a quick second before looking away.

"Tennis practice," I answer. Pulling my books out. "You?" Scott smiles instantly.

"Cheerleading practice," he says too cockily for his own good. "If you understand my drift." He wiggles his eyebrows.

"I understood the first time Scotty." I roll my eyes. Closing my locker looking up catching sight of Heaven laughing with her friends. But

Her eyes look empty and emotionless?

"Hey," Scott rest his hand on my shoulder. Snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What's up," wiggling my shoulder making his hand fall to his side.

"Will, Matt and I are hitting up the diner after school. Wanna join?"

"Maybe another time," Remembering mom and dad don't want me out tonight. Knowing better than to not listen them.

I sign when I arrive to an empty house. The maids and cleaners left since they only spend mornings here. Walking to the huge empty room with only one thing in the middle.

A piano.

I slowly approach the black shiny piano. I breath out before sitting carefully on the seat. Gently and carefully pressing a key. Slowly taking both of my hands and smoothly playing the piano.

Starting with a slow pace guiding my fingers through the keys. Soon picking up the pace which leads to a more an intense tune.

I laugh dryly when I know mom and dad don't even play the piano. As they only use this room for they're colleagues to talk business. And the piano here for it to look 'authentic'.

Mother and father never let me in here because simply I have know reason to be in here. Yet the only time I enter this room is when I come to play the piano when nobody's home.

I've been playing the piano since I was a young boy. Nana teaching me how to play the beautiful instrument. She would have me play for her as she cooked for us.

Nana was a lady of many talents. Very kind and wise lady. I wish she was here to give me advice. On anything really, I knew she loved me like how I loved her.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear shuffling coming from the door. I stop playing the fast tune I was playing. When I see mother and father harshly glaring at me.

"What are you doing in here, Caden!" Mother yells. Both of them walking over to me.

"How dare you touch this piano! Do you know how expensive this is! I traveled around the world looking for this specific piano." Dad scolded.

"How dare you take advantage of your fathers hard work!" Mom pinches my ear making me slightly wince.

"Unbelievable," Dad mutters. "He probably broke it. The most valuable piano that ever existed." He shoves my head to the side.

"I've told you many times not to enter this room!" Mom grabs my wrist pulling me up.

"He doesn't listen," Dad exclaims. He shoves me to the ground.

Right as I was about to stand back up. I feel a kick towards my stomach. Followed by many more landing all over my body.

I stand up ignoring the pain that shoots up. I touch the corner of my nose when I feel blood spilling out. To busy inspecting the blood on my hand. A punch lands on the side of my face.

"Can you stop that!" I snap. My father swings his fist again, quickly I dodge it. Mother pushes me to the ground once again. Soon the pair start to kick me again.

Nothing. Maybe I deserve the pain. Maybe not. It doesn't matter anymore. This is my life again. It's only about time til I turn eighteen I can get the fuck away from these people.

I never understood, how mom and Nana are related. They are the complete opposite. How did mom even turn out the way she did.

I mean I'm pretty sure Nana raised her. I never knew where grandpa was. Mom didn't even show any emotion when Nana died. Even though she was her daughter.

I do remember when I was young when Nana and I were playing hide and seek. I hid up in the attic and seen many pictures of grandpa I assume, mom, and Nana.

Nana was always a happy lady which surprised me when the three of the family were so emotion less in the picture.

The one emotion mom and dad have ever shown was anger. To sometime each other. But they always showed anger towards me.

Always never failed to mention how they hate me. I assume all the bottled anger they had are thrown towards me.

Mother and father stop slightly panting, as I hold my stomach in pain. With blood now coming out from my mouth.

"Biggest mistake," father muttered as the two walk out without sparing me a second glance.

"Stupid boy," mother whispers.

I stumble getting up. Slowly walking out of the room when I hear there bedroom shut. Stumbling when I walk up the stairs.

I quickly open the doorknob to my bedroom door. Falling to the ground when I close the door. Before I know it I'm closing my eyes, falling unconscious.