ᴋɪᴛᴄʜᴇɴ

"Caden?" Heaven looks at me her eyes barely staying open

"Caden?" Heaven looks at me her eyes barely staying open. Noticing her slightly trying to keep her balance even though she is leaning against a wall. I was right then. She is drunk.

"Are you going to let me in?" I ask. She rolls her eyes, huffing underneath her breath. Turning around she slowly opens her balcony door that leads to her huge bedroom. I walk in behind her, quietly observing it. She practically throws herself on to her couch. I furrow my eyebrows when I notice blood slowly drips down from her wrist.

I quickly walk up to her, taking her arms into my hands. I can feel her looking at me weirdly. "What are you doing weirdo?" She asks. I roll my eyes at her unnecessary comment. Bringing my gaze back to her cut inspecting it.

I gulp, my throat suddenly feeling like I haven't drank water in years. Did she- I- what? Would she do that to herself? I look at her worriedly hoping she can give me an excuse. She just looks deep in thought looking at the cuts on her wrist.

"Uh." I try to say something it feels like I'm no longer able to talk anymore. I look at her practically begging her to say something. "I-" I try again yet have no words left. "Heaven?" I whisper. She looks up at me at the mention of her name. "Are you," I close my eyes. "Hurting yourself?" I finish. Opening my eyes waiting for her to say something.

"I didn't mean too!" She defended quickly.

"Don't." I shake my head. I pick up her legs that were spread out against the couch and sat down resting it back on my legs.

"Don't do what?" She scoffs under her breath.

"Don't hurt yourself." I nod my head in disapproval. "Why ruin your beautiful skin?" I answer like it's the most obvious thing. "Don't leave scars when there's enough scars inside of you."

"You don't know anything about leaving scars inside of yourself." She grumbles. I raise my eyebrows looking at her offensively.

"And how would you know Heaven?" I ask.

"And how would you know if I had scars inside of me or not Caden?" She retreats.

"Everyone has there own scars they keep hidden." I shrug simply. She furrows her eyebrows looking at me probably trying to figure me out. I look at her with a blank expression. I sign dramatically standing back up. "Get up." I order.

"Why?" She asks.

"Your tired go to sleep." I point to her bed. She stares at me saying 'don't tell me what to do'. I roll my eyes at her slight stubbornness. I keep her stare until she finally gives in after a moment, signing dramatically, throwing her hands up.

"I'm not doing it because you said to do it. I'm doing it because I'm a little tired." She gets up from the couch, walking to her bed not before muttering. "I need my beauty sleep."

Waiting for her to fall asleep I go downstairs, trying to find a aspirin for when she wakes up with a massive hangover. I look so fucking stupid wandering around this big ass mansion not knowing where I'm going.

Pushing open a random door, looking for the kitchen. That's where people usually put there pain reliever pills at right?

"Who are you?" A voice ask interrupting my thoughts. I look up hesitantly, seeing a middle aged man leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Caden?" I ask. Why did I say that? It sounded more like a question than an answer. "Caden Jensen." I answer firmly this time. "I called Heaven and she sounded sick so I came to make sure she was doing alright." She's so fucking lucky I didn't sell her out.

"Sick?" He straightens up.

"Yeah, I made sure she got some rest right now." I elaborate more. "I came looking for some aspirins for when she wakes up."

"Well thank you Caden for taking care of her. I'm Alvaro Carter, Heavens dad." He stuck out his hand, offering a handshake, I quickly shook his hand backing away after. "Jensen?" He questions to me after a moment of silent.

"Yeah." I confirm, biting the inside of my cheek trying to suppress an eye roll at the mention of my last name.

"I think my ex wife had business with your mother a few months back." He sits down on the barstool, pointing to the one beside him offering me a seat.

Ex wife? I thought her parents were still married.

"Yeah, I had dinner with her and Heaven with my parents for a business dinner awhile ago." I said. Taking a seat on the barstool. "Nice decorations." I point to the Christmas decorations that were put all over the first floor.

"That's all the maids, I didn't even know they were putting it up." He said. "So Caden how do you know my daughter?"

"We go to school together." I answer briefly.

"You two are friends?"

"Not the exact terms I would use." I sigh. "How was your trip to Atlanta?"

"Atlanta?" He repeats, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "My trip to Atlanta?" And this is how I know that Heaven is lying about her one month trip to Atlanta.

"She told me you took her on a business trip to Atlanta." I clarify. He looks down at the marble floor trying to recall the memory, that's probably not even true. "Thats why she was gone for a month." He slowly averts his eyes away from the ground.

"Uh?" He drags out. "Why did she-" he mutter to himself stopping his sentence. "No Caden," he shakes his head.

He looks behind me narrowing his eyes at a specific spot. Slowly I turn around wondering what he's looking at. Alvaro looking intensely at the corner of the kitchen. I look back a him weirdly.

He shakes his head like he's trying to get rid of his thoughts, looking back at the floor. He signed still keeping his gaze on the floor.

"She was in the hospital."