10: Diner

Saph

I blamed the lack of social interaction that made me want to be around him more. That was the only logical reason why I was searching for his car after school, hoping that he hadn't left yet.

I just needed someone to spend time with while Blake was gone. That's it.

I remembered that I saw where he was parked this morning when I came to school with Cameron, so I made my way towards that direction. I caught a glimpse of him just as he disappeared between his car and the one next to him and I jogged to catch up with him before he got in.

"Hey! Blondie!" I hollered to get his attention. He looked around to see who just shouted, but I doubt he knew the shout was directed at him. When he saw me walking towards him, he rose an eyebrow and waited patiently for me to reach him.

"Blondie? I have a name you know." He chuckled as I stepped infront of him. I had forgotten how much taller than me he was and his towering frame caught me by surprise as I looked up at him, the sun creating shadows on his face as his feverishly bright blue eyes seemed to sparkle from the sunrays, even through the thick glass infront of them.

"Does your offer still stand?" He looked at me puzzled for a second, but then seemed to realise what I meant and smiled, showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Yeah, of course." He answered as he opened the back door to throw his backpack and his jacket onto the seat.

"Good." I saw him smirk at my answer and I walked to the other side of his white Lexus, getting into the passenger seat and dropping my backpack at the footwell and putting my seatbelt on as he got behind the steering wheel.

"Can you type your address in the GPS?" He asked as he pulled his seatbelt over his chest.

"You've been to my house before."

"So? I'm not a map." He chuckled as he brought the engine to life.

"When did you get so sassy?" I mocked him as he laughed at my comment the same way he laughed at the cafeteria earlier, the sound echoing like music to my ears.

"I'm not sassy." He contradicted as he put the car into reverse, swinging his arm over my seat and looking back as he turned the wheel to the left with one hand, exiting the parking spot with ease.

"You know your car has a backup camera, right?" I pointed at the screen that showed what was behind the car as he shifted the gear selector into Drive.

"Yeah, but it confuses the hell out of me, so I do it the old fashioned way." He explained as he turned the wheel all the way to the right, heading towards the exit of the car park and into the road.

"I still don't know where I'm going." He pointed out a few seconds later, since I still hadn't put my address into the GPS. I didn't want to go home. I knew it would be empty and I couldn't take the silence.

"Do you mind if we go somewhere else?" I spoke quietly. For some unexplainable reason I felt insecure asking him that. It was the first time I've talked to him in that tone. I was usually quite harsh and even rude to him. The sudden change of my behavior towards him seemed to stun him as he looked at me in disbelief.

"S-sure. Where do y-ou wanna go?" He stuttered, the pinkish shade of his cheeks getting more prominent by the second. I shrugged, not really having a certain destination in mind.

"I don't know. Anywhere. I just-" I gulped, trying to compose myself from the sudden rush of emotions coursing through me.

"I just don't wanna go home." I mumbled. It was barely audible, but he seemed to have heard me. I could tell by the curiosity in his eyes that he wanted to ask me why, but he knew better than to try and ask me something so personal.