19: Blushing

Saph

"Mini golf?" I rose an eyebrow once I stepped out of the car and saw the place Niall had chosen for our date.

"Yeah, don't you like it?" He asked as he circled the car and stood next to me.

"I've never played, so I don't have an answer to that." I snickered as I looked up at him. He always looked so good, even in the simplest outfits. And I loved it when his hair was styled up. He slid on his denim jacket over his black T-shirt and interlaced his fingers with mine.

"Let's change that." He grinned as he pulled me towards the entrance. We made our way to the reception, where we were given the equipment we would need and a scoring pad along with a small map. I followed Niall around dumbfounded, not really knowing what to do or where to go.

"Alright, so this is pretty self explanatory. You just hit the ball until it falls in that hole over there." He explained in the simplest way possible as he dropped the tiny white ball to the grass.

"But it's just a straight line." I pointed out. I still didn't really understand the point of the game, and that was clearly something he found amusing as he laughed.

"Yes, because we're in the first hole. It's gonna get more challenging as we move along." He explained and smiled at me.

"Fine. So I just hit the ball with this stick?"

"It's called a golf club." He remarked as he tried holding in his laughter while his cheeks had started gaining a pink tint. I rolled my eyes at his comment and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay, if you know so much about this, why don't you go first?" I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Sure." He shrugged and stood next to the ball, bringing the head of the golf club behind it. He seemed to be deep in concentration, furrowing his eyebrows and sticking his tongue out as he looked between the hole that was a few meters away and the ball infront of his feet. He took a swing and the tiny ball rolled down the path towards the hole in a straight line, stopping right at the edge but with the help of gravity, falling into the hole. He smiled proudly at himself and turned to look at me.

"And that's how it's done." He beamed. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't hide the little smile that played on my lips.

"Show off." I mocked, making him chuckle slightly.

"Come on, I'll help ya." He smiled and got ahold of my wrist, pulling me infront of him before he got a second golf ball and let it fall to the ground. He wrapped an arm around my waist and turned me around to face the ball.

"It's actually very simple." He spoke, his breath fanning over my neck as he pressed his chest against my back and got ahold of both my hands, guiding them on the grip of the golf club to show me how to hold it. He rested his chin on my shoulder as he guided my movements, pulling the golf club back a little before bringing it forward to swing at the ball. It was the most cliché thing he could've done, but it still made my heart flutter and my cheeks heat up.

The ball barely crossed half the distance it was supposed to, which made me groan in annoyance as he simply laughed. He still hadn't moved from where he was and he wrapped both his arms around my waist, holding me snug against his chest.