28: Competition

Saph

"So, where's Mr. Loverboy?" Kristy teased once we were settled into a booth at our usual diner. I rolled my eyes at her, shaking my head as I slouched in my seat and picked the laminated menu up, eager to get some brunch.

"How many nicknames are you gonna give him?" I joked, glancing up at her.

"Let's see. McDreamy, hottie with the guitar, Mr. Loverboy. That's about it for now. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else." She mocked, looking over her menu as well.

"Gosh you're worse than Louis." I muttered, making her eyes shoot up at me.

"Is that the one that's trying to take my throne?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. I laughed at her, finding it amusing that she's already trying to compete with him.

"Yes, that's our other drama queen." I chuckled just as a waitress came over to take our order. We told her what we wanted and she smiled politely at us before taking the menus and walking away.

"You're gonna meet him and the rest of his friends later. And Niall has another performance, so we'll meet them outside the pub." I informed her, making her raise an eyebrow.

"How is it everytime I visit he always has a performance?" She chuckled. I shrugged at her, not really having an answer.

"No clue, but it's gonna be fun. He's picking us up and we'll probably all go and get food after." I explained, listing the plans that the boys made yesterday.

"Alright, fine. You didn't tell me where he is, though. You're pretty much joint at the hip, so I expected he'd tag along." She mocked, crossing her arms as the waitress came back with our iced coffee. I shook my head, already guessing her reaction to what I was about to say.

"He's at the library working. He volunteers there." I admitted, looking at her as her lips slowly formed a sly smile.

"Is this kid for real? What else does he do? Care for wounded puppies after school?" She laughed, stirring her coffee before taking a sip.

"Yeah, I thought the same thing when I found out." I said, joining her quiet laugh.

"Gosh, he really is Mr. Perfect, isn't he?" She added, finding yet another nickname as I rolled my eyes at her.

"I bet you regret ever setting eyes on Blake after being with Niall." She said, grimacing at the mention of Blake. I pondered over it for a second, thinking about every memory I've made with Blake, good or bad.

"No, I actually don't regret it. He was a big part of my life and even though I wasn't happy with him, he made me who I am today. He was also part of the reason I ended up here. Thanks to him, I can appreciate Niall even more and be grateful of what I have with him." I ranted, looking inside my glass the entire time. Kristy snickered, causing me to look up at her.

"Damn, I didn't know I signed up for a lecture." She joked, shaking her head as I smiled at her.

"But I guess you're right. He really did play a big part in your life for quite a while, but I have a feeling Niall will play an even bigger part." She added, looking out the window. I didn't really understand what she meant, but I decided not to question her about it.

"It's kinda crazy though, isn't it?" I asked, making her head dart at me.

"How I met Niall out of nowhere, tried to avoid him at all costs in the beginning but I somehow ended up being the happiest I've ever been all because of him?" I added as she listened to me intently.

"Yeah, maybe. But It's gonna be a fun story to tell the kids." She chuckled, cocking an eyebrow.

"We've only been together for two weeks, calm down." I laughed, shaking my head at her.